• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huawei Mate 10 / Mate 10 Pro

wachie

So Huawei has quietly in the background unveiled their flagship. Besides some weird design decision on the Pro, this phone looks quite solid.

Headlining feature? The NPU (AI processor) automatically selects the camera settings depending on the type of picture being taken. Here it is in motion, look at the icon on the bottom right.

91DdiJw.gif

Mate 10 Spec Overview:
Dimensions 150.5 x 77.8 x 8.2 mm (5.93 x 3.06 x 0.32 in)
Weight 186 g (6.56 oz)
Build Front/back glass & aluminum frame
SIM Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
DISPLAY Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.9 inches, 95.6 cm2 (~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1440 x 2560 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~499 ppi density) - HDR10 compliant
Chipset Hisilicon Kirin 970
CPU Octa-core (4x2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Mali-G72 MP12
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) - dual SIM model only
Internal 64 GB, 4 GB RAM
CAMERA Primary Dual 20 MP +12 MP, f/1.6, OIS, 2x lossless zoom, Leica optics, phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
Video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps
Secondary 8 MP, f/2.0
3.5mm jack
COMMS WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, aptX HD, LE
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
NFC Yes
Infrared port Yes
Radio No
USB 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
FEATURES Sensors Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity etc.
4000 mAh battery - Fast battery charging 4.5V/5A (58% in 30 min)

Besides this Huawei is saying that the phone will retain 89% of it's performance over the course of 18 months.

Mate 10 Pro: http://consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/mate10-pro/specs/
Mate 10: http://consumer.huawei.com/en/phones/mate10/

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
After getting both major hardware failures with my single nexus 6p, not sure if I want to get another Huawei device (even if neither of the failures were on parts they manufactured).

Both look like pretty solid phones. I really liked my 6p (till the battery screw-up), hopefully these don't come with the same issues.

Though I have got to say, this metric/promise feels a bit weird to see mentioned in a press release...

Besides this Huawei is saying that the phone will retain 89% of it's performance over the course of 18 months.

I got burned pretty hard by them with Nexus 6P, so I don't think I'll be giving them another chance anytime soon.

If this comes to the US, I might get one for work, though.

wachie

The 6P battery issue seems to be that trademark Google QA/QC culprit. All Nexus phones have had this issue.

Huawei’s own phones i.e. Honor/Mate don’t seem to have these issues, atleast I’m not aware of issues.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The 6P battery issue seems to be that trademark Google QA/QC culprit. All Nexus phones have had this issue.

Huawei’s own phones i.e. Honor/Mate don’t seem to have these issues, atleast I’m not aware of issues.

Did any other phones with the same CPU get the bootloop issue? I know that's on Qualcom but why seemingly limited to the nexus models?

The Ummah

Banned

*wipes sweat*

I just got my Honor 6x delivered today.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
After getting both major hardware failures with my single nexus 6p, not sure if I want to get another Huawei device (even if neither of the failures were on parts they manufactured).
Huawei phones (especially flagships like this one) are super legit.

On topic, the regular mate 10 looks nice

Top Bottom