• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I found the Best Booth at TGS: Barkley 2: Queklain no Vengeant

I already Found the Best Booth at TGS already.

Barkley 2: Queklain no Vengeant From Tales of Games

Barkley 2 is an Action RPG sequel to our 2007 game, Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, the story of NBA's Charles Barkley in a postcyberpocalyptic world where basketball is outlawed.
Players are forced to face the consequences of their decisions with a strict autosave system and multiple endings that reflect these choices. Most of the game characters are Space Dwarfs.

https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/512172123318542336/photo/1

BxuZ1QZCYAExuL_.png

Please Lock if these threads aren't allowed.

Orayn

I'm really excited for Barkley 2, sounds like they've got most of the mechanics and main campaign finished, and now they're working on supplementary stuff and polishing it up for release.

ALSO, we're getting a standalone B-Ball Tactics spinoff for iOS, Android, and PC. It started as a Blitzball-type minigame, but took on a life of its own and became a separate game that backers will get for free.

I forgot that I kickstarted this. Wait, wasn't the subtitle something else?

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

That is the full official title. "Barkley 2" is just easier to say.

I'm really excited for Barkley 2, sounds like they've got most of the mechanics and main campaign finished, and now they're working on supplementary stuff and polishing it up for release.

ALSO, we're getting a standalone B-Ball Tactics spinoff for iOS, Android, and PC. It started as a Blitzball-type minigame, but took on a life of its own and became a separate game that backers will get for free.

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

That is the full official title. "Barkley 2" is just easier to say.

Jesus that Title is Ridiculous. But amazing at the same time. Now I have played the first Barkley RPG and it is a fantastic RPG everyone should go download it.

Orayn

Jesus that Title is Ridiculous. But amazing at the same time. Now I have played the first Barkley RPG and it is a fantastic RPG everyone should go download it.

People tend only to remember it for its humor, but it really is a fantastic little JRPG that doesn't get enough credit for its mechanics. There are a lot of fun, clever design choices like the Super Mario RPG-esque combat, enemies appearing on the map, limited random encounters, and plenty of fun dungeon crawling. It also convinced me that a great JRPG experience can be <15 hours long and still cover most or all of the important areas.

NastyBook

Does anybody know what exactly Glaucoma Prayer was good for in the first game? Watched a dude play it on Livestream and he never used it once.

Mupod

Yeah it's a genuinely solid RPG, not just a funny parody game.

Although the dating sim segment is the closest I've ever come in my life to laughing myself to death.

Rockk

Does anybody know what exactly Glaucoma Prayer was good for in the first game? Watched a dude play it on Livestream and he never used it once.

It's been a while since I've played it but Glaucoma is a status effect in the game so I imagine it gets rid of it for your party.

Top Bottom