• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imagine A Hobbit/Lord of the Rings Mega Movie: How Would You Do It? (Spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you want a single Middle-Earth Mega-movie of all six Peter Jackson movies to be handled. For me, I'd begin it with the prologue of the Lord of the Rings, but end it at Gollum getting the ring. Feature nothing about Bilbo finding it. Then, if possible, have new Galadriel VO now telling the backstory of the dwarves and their history with the elves, and most importantly Smaug, the dragon (the same backstory Bilbo narrated). The VO then explains the passage of time and, instead of beginning with young Bilbo sitting at the front of his house, it instead begins with the meeting of Thorin and Gandalf at The Prancing Pony. Then The Hobbit continues as it was presented (apart from the Prancing Pony scene being in a new location). The end of the Hobbit would be altered a bit. It would be unchanged up until the scene where Bilbo returns home. Instead of the scene of Bilbo going to answer the door to meet Gandalf, the scenes from the Lord of the Rings would start (basically the scenes that occurred when the Prologue of The Fellowship of the Ring typically ended). Unfortunately these changes would remove the bookend bits of the Hobbit, but I think it would make more sense to have them removed to create a better, consistent flow. The Lord of the Rings would not have any other changes (other than maybe color timing to get a consistent look. I would also use the extended editions as the basis. This edit would be my preference, I understand some people would want The Hobbit cut down quite a bit in length. So, my question is, if you could, how would you handle a Middle-Earth mega-movie?

rude

Banned
Either way you cut it, it's bound to seem either rushed or overly long. The only entertaining part of this entire franchise was fellowship anyway.

Just the LOTR trilogy, but when Galandriel is explaining the backstory they add 5mins showing scenes from the Hobbit that are relevant.

bengraven

TV series. Tell Hobbit in 2 years, then do a book a year (each of the "trilogy" is split into 2 books, so there are technically 6 books in the LOTR "trilogy).

8 seasons.

Edit:

OR just do LOTR as a TV series.

Do The Hobbit as a teen/kids series. Don't spread it out too much, but continue with a few adventures after he returns home.

TV series. Tell Hobbit in 2 years, then do a book a year (each of the "trilogy" is split into 2 books, so there are technically 6 books in the LOTR "trilogy).

8 seasons.

Edit:

OR just do LOTR as a TV series.

Do The Hobbit as a teen/kids series. Don't spread it out too much, but continue with a few adventures after he returns home.

I meant using the current movies and editing them into one Middle-Earth movie.

MollyWhomp

Neo Member
Tell it from the One Ring's perspective. Only show the parts of scenes in which the ring could "see" (wasn't in a pocket or pouch).

dorkkaos

I'd probably do it as an animated series, around 8 seasons? or maybe 9. I think a movie just wouldn't do it justice. There's just too much information.

Goldrush

As long as they stick strictly to the one ring, I think a single movie is possible. Frodo's journey don't really intersect with anyone else. The epic battle scenes, almost all of the Hobbit, and even a lot of the banters that doesn't involve Frodo will need to be cut. However, the two most compelling parts, the Fellowship and Gollum, don't really intersect. Without new scenes, the transition will be jarring.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Chronologically released extended versions slapped on one right after another and removing the credits between each part

Also throw in all of the deleted scenes where they make sense on the timeline because why the fuck not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom