• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Impending Nuclear Emergency for St. Louis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokahey

I live in the area. There's so much wrong with this article and I'm too tired to even try to pick it all apart. But let's start here: this site is some 30 miles outside of St. Louis.

johnny956

I live in the area. There's so much wrong with this article and I'm too tired to even try to pick it all apart. But let's start here: this site is some 30 miles outside of St. Louis.

It's in St. Louis county pretty stinking close to the airport (which is run by the city) so that's splitting hairs considering St. Louis is one of the few cities where it's county and city are separate.

How is it an overreaction. If you know the actual danger you should probably tell the EPA because they don't know. The extent of the reaction here is the state Attorney General wrote a letter to the EPA and some people have put up some signs and tried to sift through old paperwork.

Also you said "pretty much" to a dude who pulled "the sample size isn't big enough" out of his ass, he has no idea what the sample size was.

The EPA is the organization that decided that the current methods of dealing with it is sufficient, so I don't see any reason to tell them anything they already know.

Brakke

Banned

For what values of "St Louis" is this 30 miles outside it? Let's take The Arch for the easternmost edge of the city, and:

UHKplgK.png

that's less than 20 miles on road. Plus there's population in every direction around the site.

hokahey

For what values of "St Louis" is this 30 miles outside it? Let's take The Arch for the easternmost edge of the city, and:

UHKplgK.png

that's less than 20 miles on road. Plus there's population in every direction around the site.

The city man. The city. Your pic proves my point. I live here. There's no question I understand the distance. I drive it daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom