• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In case you haven't seen all the Horizon: Zero Dawn GIFs floating around...

The gifs are incredible.

I finally got a chance to play the game at a friends house with the Pro on a 4K HDR tv. I ended up playing 3 straights hours from the beginning of the game nonstop.

The game looks so damn good, it's just downright stupid that I couldn't believe it at times.

I have new computer guts and nothing I've crossed looks this good. First party console games seem to get extra love with their graphics animation, and total package. Fallout 4 Modded to the gill, at 60FPS is the closest thing for me personally, but that game animate like a frozen tuna.

I remember being surprised when I saw a commercial (youtube I think) for this game, when it showed that it was a hunting game at the end. If they don't have a demo I won't get to test that. A hunting game? Come on PC devs, beat a hunting game!

Skyrim Next, Believe (tm).

Skyrim Next will be prone to stiff animation. Please consult a doctor before use.

Hahaha awww that cracked me up

I have no idea how they pulled off this wizardry. When you combine random weather, clouds, and time of day there are so many beautiful views in this game.

Makes me want to upgrade to the Pro just to see the detail.

DOWN

Banned
I love that aspect ratio and can't stand arguments against it oh TVs. Looks amazing on games and Blu Rays compositionally

bigjig

It's simply insane how good this game looks even on a base PS4, and without a dropped frame. Simply incredible work by Guerilla

I have no idea how they pulled off this wizardry. When you combine random weather, clouds, and time of day there are so many beautiful views in this game.

Makes me want to upgrade to the Pro just to see the detail.

12 meatballs, 2 chicken thighs and a bowl of pasta were sacrificed to our eminence, the flying spaghtetti monster, in the making of this game.

cordy

Banned
I bought this game but I haven't played it yet...I've also gotta finish Yakuza 0 and Nier before Tekken 7 and Crash hit in June...

Maybe I need to get a Pro and shit a brand new tv before peeping this game. It looks like a marvel.

Qassim

I haven't played the game, but the motion blur looks really quite good - fair assessment? Not necessarily talking about the technical implementation - just the end result.

pswii60

The only game this gen to literally make my hairs stand on end. Uncharted 4 got close, especially Chapter 8. But, well, Horizon is on another planet.

Seriously, 4K, HDR on a Pro, on my OLED TV. Fucking insane. And not a frame-drop in sight.

Best looking game ever. And a great artstyle on top of that. Also a fantastic game (IMO one of the best ever). Not one boring minute in 60 hours of doing the platinum trophy. Looking forward to Horizon 2 / DLC.

Alexious

The only game this gen to literally make my hairs stand on end. Uncharted 4 got close, especially Chapter 8. But, well, Horizon is on another planet.

Seriously, 4K, HDR on a Pro, on my OLED TV. Fucking insane. And not a frame-drop in sight.

The Decima engine should be used by every single first party developer inside Sony WWS, just like Frostbite inside EA.

Ritzboof

youre doing gods work. god, i wish i had a PS4

i still love that this didnt place in top 10 best looking current gen games

The Decima engine should be used by every single first party developer inside Sony WWS, just like Frostbite inside EA.

Why? Different engines for different things. The technology sharing is already strong at WWS, no need to make people work with things that are not tailor made for what they want to achieve.

And I guess if any other studio actually wants to have it it's not going to be a problem.

Raonak

Banned
Definitely the best looking game i've seen. And smooth as fuck too. I don't know how GG squeezed such a game from the PS4.

The art direction really helps a lot in making the game look amazing.

Cramoss

Looks and plays fantastic on a regular ass PS4

Too bad sometimes everything else on the (not so far) distance not hidden by the overused fog looks bland and kind of bad.

Top Bottom