• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In gaming terms, does summer launch window mean Q2 rather than Q3?

Summer is obviously Q3(July, August, September mainly) rather than Q2 the way we use the term in real life.

But i've heard people use Summer 2024 and Q2 2024 interchangeably when it comes to release dates.

Sakura

Q2 would be a spring launch. If the game comes out in June though, I could see people calling it Summer as well as Q2.

willothedog

the way the world is going there won't be a summer anymore so it doesn't matter, just winter, a blissful nuclear one :messenger_smiling:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Business quarters are not subject to opinion or personal context. Q2: Spring months. Q3: Summer months. In any term(s), Q3.

nial

Gold Member
Summer is obviously Q3(July, August, September mainly) rather than Q2 the way we use the term in real life.

But i've heard people use Summer 2024 and Q2 2024 interchangeably when it comes to release dates.
For a lot of companies (especially Japanese companies), their fiscal years run from April 1st to March 31st, so in that sense, Q2 would be from July to September. Maybe you read stuff like that in such context?

For a lot of companies (especially Japanese companies), their fiscal years run from April 1st to March 31st, so in that sense, Q2 would be from July to September. Maybe you read stuff like that in such context?
Yeah its probably that I guess since those were japanese titles being referred to with Q2/Summer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom