• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iron Man VR's new release date is July 3, 2020

Iron Man VR has a new release date. Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) announced on Tuesday that the game would release on July 3. It was originally slated for May, but was pushed back due to the ongoing pandemic.

Originally announced at E3 2019, Iron Man VR puts players inside Tony Stark’s iconic armor, utilizing both the PlayStation VR head mounted display and Sony’s Move motion controllers. Developed by the team at Camouflaj, early gameplay showed players flying around in a bright blue sky and shooting planes out of the air.

Not bad, this summer is gonna kick ass with this, Ghost of Tsushima, and TLOU2

Wonko_C

The PSVR works on Ps5, right?
That still doesn't mean any PS4 VR game would be backwards compatible, it might be for PS5 VR games only.

Didn't Sony say they currently have only 100 PS4 games working on PS5? I seriously doubt some of them are VR games, if any at all. Maybe they'll add a few every month like Xbox did with Xbox 360 BC on Xbox One. Some games really need it, like No Man's Sky.

That still doesn't mean any PS4 VR game would be backwards compatible, it might be for PS5 VR games only.

Didn't Sony say they currently have only 100 PS4 games working on PS5? I seriously doubt some of them are VR games, if any at all. Maybe they'll add a few every month like Xbox did with Xbox 360 BC on Xbox One. Some games really need it, like No Man's Sky.
Good point. I wonder what percentage if any, are VR games?

No man's sky is turd even on an X. Hopefully next gen consoles can make it work better

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

No, they said most of the 4,000+ titles will work. The 100 were "enhancements" to the top 100 games.

currently at my parents', I should be away from my beloved psvr for at least a month

gosh I wish I had the Quest. Not that it would make any difference...

Romulus

-8-10 hour AAA main campaign.
-optional missions
-Garage hub for updating the suit.
-big sprawling environments
-lots challenge modes

“One of the things that we did when we pitched Marvel is that we promised them that Marvel’s Iron Man VR was not going to feel experimental,” says Payton. “It wasn’t going to feel like a short demo. It wasn’t going to feel like an ‘experience,’ it was going to feel like a full-fledged, high-quality, AAA VR game that was built off of the previous lessons that we learned by playing other VR games. We’re kind of standing on the shoulders of giants, of other great VR games.

Pumped. The controls in the demo are the most fun I've ever had playing as a superhero.

I honestly expected a 3-4 hour campaign were they spent all their resources on making you feel good in the suit, but it looks like it's more meaty than I thought.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
-8-10 hour AAA main campaign.
-optional missions
-Garage hub for updating the suit.
-big sprawling environments
-lots challenge modes

Pumped. The controls in the demo are the most fun I've ever had playing as a superhero.

I honestly expected a 3-4 hour campaign were they spent all their resources on making you feel good in the suit, but it looks like it's more meaty than I thought.

8-10 hours is HUGE to me! Now the question is.....do I want to play it on the PS5?

Resenge

8-10 hours is HUGE to me! Now the question is.....do I want to play it on the PS5?
Is there going to be a PS5 port? If not it will look the same right? Same VR hardware, same framerate. If you are interested in playing it I can't see why you wouldn't want to play it on PS4, unless I'm missing something then please ignore me.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Is there going to be a PS5 port? If not it will look the same right? Same VR hardware, same framerate. If you are interested in playing it I can't see why you wouldn't want to play it on PS4, unless I'm missing something then please ignore me.

The PS4 Pro makes games look better than the OG PS4. I'm expecting some better fidelity when I play it on the PS5. Super clean AA at the least.

Grinchy

Banned
The PS4 Pro makes games look better than the OG PS4. I'm expecting some better fidelity when I play it on the PS5. Super clean AA at the least.
I'm hoping for the same, but I do wonder how many developers will actually patch the games to run better on PS5. I will cross my fingers, though.

There are a few games that run 120fps native on PS4 already, so it would be really amazing to see a huge list of PSVR games get unlocked to do 4K supersampling and 120fps native.

Darko

Fun demo, though I have not been able to master the controls and currently stuck on a mission in the demo

Romulus

Fun demo, though I have not been able to master the controls and currently stuck on a mission in the demo

What's going on? Maybe I can help. It took me several times with the demo for it to really click. One of those games that's easy to play but takes skill and time to master.

Last edited:

Romulus

This is only like 10 days away. Curious to see how it sells.

That will be interesting. I would say since there are only 6-7 million psvr headsets by now, and Move controllers are required, maybe 1.25 million lifetime. Im basing that on the fact that big VR games do have a really high attach rate. It'll likely get a lot of holiday sales. I expect star wars to push psvr to around 8 million by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Rikoi

I love the concept of VR and I'd really love to try it with these games.
The 2nd trailer looks better than the 1st one.
Can clearly see that the quality of the games is improving, I think that VR will get more popular once PS5 and PSVR 2.0 releases.

Romulus

Can clearly see that the quality of the games is improving, I think that VR will get more popular once PS5 and PSVR 2.0 releases.

One of the biggest problems with VR is watching videos of it. Almost nothing translates because you're literally viewing a full 3d scene in 2d.

Grinchy

Banned
This would be an interesting first VR experience. I'd love to see someone trying VR for the first time with this, but I'm not sure how well it would go for most people.

I personally didn't find the controls overly complicated, but if it was the first thing I ever tried in VR I might have had some difficulties. What I liked was how natural it felt, though. You have hand thrusters just like you'd see in the movies, so if you want to move, you point them exactly how your brain would think you should point them.

Darko

What's going on? Maybe I can help. It took me several times with the demo for it to really click. One of those games that's easy to play but takes skill and time to master.
I’m stuck at the part you have to get to the engine on the right side of the plane. I’ve managed to land on the plane but you need to be under the wing I think. it’s hard to fly under the wing while the plane is moving.... unless I’m doing it wrong

Romulus

I’m stuck at the part you have to get to the engine on the right side of the plane. I’ve managed to land on the plane but you need to be under the wing I think. it’s hard to fly under the wing while the plane is moving.... unless I’m doing it wrong

You don't land on it, fly beside it and use your fire extinguisher.

Top Bottom