• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Games Award : results for 2014 are in (Grand Prize: MH4 and Youkai Watch)

L~A

Grand prize

Monster Hunter 4
Yokai Watch

Outstanding performance award

Kancolle
Grand Theft Auto V
Super Mario 3D World
DARK SOULS Ⅱ
Puzzle & Dragons Z
Final Fantasy XIV: A Real Reborn
Pokémon X · Y
METAL GEAR SOLID Ⅴ: GROUND ZEROES
Monster Hunter 4
Yokai Watch
The Last of Us

Special award

Soriti horse

Best Sales Award

Pokémon X · Y

Global Award

Pokémon X · Y (Japan)
Grand Theft Auto V (Overseas)

Game Designers Award
Brothers : A Tales of Two Sons

Source

Please lock if old!

Interesting to see Japan likes GTAV.

Also not surprised in the least to see MH4 and Youkai Watch up there for top spots. Japanese absolutely adores thoses series.

Imouto

Banned
Outstanding performance award

Kancolle

It's really weird to see a browser game getting award. It's a fun game, and I admit I've been playing it for more than a year already, but seeing it alongside with the like of MH4 is kind of, weird.

gngf123

What's so popular about the Kantai Collection? All I know about is the fanart.

It started as a browser based card game. It's fairly popular, think it has a couple of million registered players.

Now It has all sorts of other media attached to it

Imouto

Banned
What's so popular about the Kantai Collection? All I know about is the fanart.

Pretty easy to get into, but once you're deep enough, you'll see it's quite complex for a browser based game. It was supposed to be some kind of turn based browser game, but they decided it won't be popular so they change it into card game kind, but instead still keep most of the formula hidden in the game's mechanic. For a F2P games, it's sure is generous. You can enjoy it fully without buying a single thing, although in the cost of convenience.

Also, ship girls.

Top Bottom