• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Spencer, Georgia lawmaker who yelled N-word and exposed his butt, resigning

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
A Georgia state lawmaker who yells the N-word and exposes his rear end in the latest episode of Sacha Baron Cohen's new satirical TV show, "Who is America?" is resigning. Jason Spencer's decision was confirmed by CBS News early Wednesday. CNN was first to report it.
Kaleb McMichen, a spokesperson for Georgia House Speaker David Ralston, told CBS News Spencer emailed Ralston late Tuesday night saying, "I will be resigning my post effective July 31, 2018."
Spencer was already a controversial figure. He had previously tried to get burkas banned in public. He also threatened a black attorney opposed to Confederate monuments. After this latest incident, Spencer insists he was tricked.
Spencer says he thought an ex-Israeli military officer was teaching him self-defense while speaking to Cohen in disguise. Following prompts from Cohen, Spencer made several anti-ethnic and anti-gay remarks, pretended to take lewd photographs underneath a burka, exposed his backside and yelled the N-word.
Spencer had been balking at quitting, though he apologized in a statement Monday for the "ridiculously ugly episode."
He also said, "Sacha Baron Cohen and his associates took advantage of my paralyzing fear that my family would be attacked. … I deeply regret the language I used at his request."
Spencer may have felt embarrassed, but Georgia's Republican leaders said they were appalled.
Gov. Nathan Deal said he was "saddened and disgusted." Ralston and both Republicans running to become the next governor demanded Spencer step down.
One of them, Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp, beat once heavily favored Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle in a runoff Tuesday for the Republican nomination to face Democrat Stacey Abrams in November.
Spencer lost the Republican primary in May. If he hadn't resigned, he would have served out the remaining five months of his term.
The Spencer appearance came in the second episode of Cohen's controversial series. In it, the British comedian known for his alter-egos uses a stable of new characters to dupe anyone from average Americans to public officials, like former Vice President Dick Cheney.
Cohen asked Cheney what his favorite war was, to which Cheney replied Desert Storm.
The show airs on Showtime, a division of CBS.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jason-...who-yelled-n-word-and-exposed-butt-resigning/

Video (NSFW)

A republican lawmaker is so ignorant and so stupid that he yells racial slurs and exposes himself on camera and saw nothing wrong with it until it was too late. No gif or meme I could find can adequately express how hilarious and telling I find this entire situation to be so I am not sure what to say other than "lol"

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

I saw this and was similarly speechless.

I mean does that guy have kids?

I really hope not. Because if he does they will never ever be able to live this down. I feel sorry for them though if he does have kids. Don't feel bad at all for him though.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I don't feel bad at all. Guy made the choice to act like a fool.

I do fear the stampede of "Paparazzi political entertainment" where actors, comedians, and "journalists" egg on their political adversaries into doing stupid stuff. Seems... like a needless escalation of our current political climate.

Nobody_Important

Guess he really is here to end careers. Wonder if he is taking requests?

The man is doing gods work. Hopefully he caught many other GOP members and this is only the beginning. I wanna see more people exposed for what they are and lose their careers. The more GOP members that are exposed and resign the better off we are as a country.

Last edited:

luigimario

Banned
Of all the stories ive seen of this, people forget to mention that he actually called muslims "sand niggers", without any coercion from cohen.

Nobody_Important

"ya want fries with that?"

Shit, thought ya meant Spencer.
715.gif

Makariel

Watching the video I was overwhelmed by conflicting emotions, predominately cringe and laughter. This is definitely a good entry for the cringe-thread.

Since he was fully aware that he was filmed, that didn't look like hidden camera footage, I don't buy the "scared into using the n-word" from his statement. Looks like he was very eager to shout it from the top of his lungs. Well, hope he enjoys his new job flipping burgers. Oh my mistake that won't happen, fast food chains have certain standards when hiring people :p

Watching the video I was overwhelmed by conflicting emotions, predominately cringe and laughter. This is definitely a good entry for the cringe-thread.

Since he was fully aware that he was filmed, that didn't look like hidden camera footage, I don't buy the "scared into using the n-word" from his statement. Looks like he was very eager to shout it from the top of his lungs. Well, hope he enjoys his new job flipping burgers. Oh my mistake that won't happen, fast food chains have certain standards when hiring people :p
Then what requests can he take?

"Rimjob or 69?"

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
The success or failure of Cohen’s skits relies on getting past the critical thinking skills of the person he’s manipulating.

The more someone treats a particular subject as a religion, the more likely they are to be fooled by Cohen since they are blinded by the same mental processes that religious folks ignore the contradictory or magical parts of their belief.

Guns and Terrorism so far are the biggest hits , with the others going nowhere. When it goes nowhere, Cohen becomes the clown himself.

If a lawmaker lacks the critical skills to be caught up to this degree, he shouldn’t be a lawmaker.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Oh wow I didn't realize this was a different thread and the dude resigned.

Makes me wonder what the body count is going to be from all these episodes...or if this was the worst one because of just how far Spencer was willing to go.

cryptoadam

Banned
Can't they refuse to have their segments air? I thought you needed permission if you were going to put someone on TV. Or did these people see how stupid they looked and still signed off on letting it air?

Alfadawg

Banned
Everyone signs a waver right at the start, no one ever read it lmao

The town hall meeting was even worse!

"we don't want black people here either but we tolerate them"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Can't they refuse to have their segments air? I thought you needed permission if you were going to put someone on TV. Or did these people see how stupid they looked and still signed off on letting it air?

They usually get consent before it starts filming, no? Like those signs they have up if you go to a show/concert that's being filmed that you consent to being recorded? You can't take it back after entering (implicit agreement) or signing something even if you make an ass out of yourself.

Or like someone who agrees to an interview on the record and then says something dumb. They have no recourse for the reporter not to use what they said on the record.

I wanna see more people exposed for what they are and lose their careers.

Cohen went easy on Bernie Sanders. He really made himself look more foolish than question Sanders hypocracy.

I'd like to see Cohen ask him why he has a problem with people having a choice between 23 different deoderants or 18 different pairs of sneakers, while he owns 3 houses. Who the fuck needs to own 3 houses (one just as a summer vacation home) except for rich people that Sanders constantly rails against ?

cryptoadam

Banned
They usually get consent before it starts filming, no? Like those signs they have up if you go to a show/concert that's being filmed that you consent to being recorded? You can't take it back after entering (implicit agreement) or signing something even if you make an ass out of yourself.

Or like someone who agrees to an interview on the record and then says something dumb. They have no recourse for the reporter not to use what they said on the record.

I can see that but there isn't protection for being mislead?

They were told they were meeting with an ex mossad for training, but its actually a prank show.

Probably what they signed off on was vague and they just signed whatever was put in front of them.

Alfadawg

Banned
One thing I will say. SBC is a master of keeping a straight face.

The only time I could see him crack was when he had to interrupt the guy after he shouted the N word repeatedly. His delivery was amazing. "No, not that word, that word is disgusting" LMAO

He kept really professional at the homo-ass attack when he said "shout America louder" :)

Top Bottom