• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie' poster and tour dates revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

rise.jpg

http://seesmod.com/groovymovie/

Jay and Silent Bob are back! Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes are hitting the road with their new animated film, JAY & SILENT BOB'S SUPER GROOVY CARTOON MOVIE - which blazes across America in a series of one-night-only shows starting April 20, 2013 in Atlanta at the Center Stage Theater. The legendary best buds from Jersey are back to dispense weed and wisdom in cartoon form and audiences will have the opportunity to watch the new movie and stick around for a rip-roaring Q&A afterwards.

Cast:

Eliza Dushku, Tara Strong, Ralph Garman, Neil Gaiman, Ben Gleib, Jon Lovitz and the podcast stars of Smith's SModcast Network!

Plot:

When they can no longer stomach the ever-growing weed of suburban crime, Jay & Silent Bob take on the mantles of costumed avengers Bluntman & Chronic, smashing super-villains they accidentally create! Can the Doobage Duo save their beloved Jersey ‘burbs from their new arch enemies, the League of Shitters? While clearly not the comic book movie the world wants, GROOVY MOVIE is the comic book movie the world needs!

Dates:

April 20 Atlanta, GA Center Stage Theater
April 21 Washington, DC Warner Theater
April 22 Tarrytown, NY Tarrytown Music Hall
April 23 New York, NY Best Buy Theater
April 24 Boston, MA House of Blues
April 25 Philadelphia, PA Keswick Theater
April 29 Santa Barbara, CA Lobero Theater
April 30 Sacramento, CA Crest Theater
May 2 San Francisco, CA Warfield Theater
May 5 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern
May 9 Portland, OR Bagdad Theater
May 15 Seattle, WA Moore Theater
May 17 Kansas City, MO Midland Theater
May 18 St. Louis, MO The Pageant
May 19 Chicago, IL The Vic Theater
May 20 Indianapolis, IN Clowes Memorial Hall
May 21 Royal Oak, MI Royal Oak Music Theatre
May 22 Milwaukee, WI Pabst Theater

nootch!

will buy/stream whatever I can do as soon as possible

C'mon what? No show in Jersey? I have to go to NY or Philly like for everything else?! I guess it's not really surprising but still. They mention Jersey in the plot synopsis!

Platy

This gives me the same feeling of Spaceballs animated series .... totaly not the feeling of the Clerks cartoon =(

Whoa, didn't even have a clue about this. And its playing near me, YES!

I'm a bit confused are Mewes and Smith going to be at these showings or are they just playing a podcast?

Hazmat

Whoa, didn't even have a clue about this. And its playing near me, YES!

I'm a bit confused are Mewes and Smith going to be at these showings or are they just playing a podcast?

They're at all the showings. The after-show Q&A gets recorded and released on Smith's podcast network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom