• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb: "I got the rumor about Epic Mickey Rebrushed from the same source that said Metroid Prime 4 is coming this year"

Draugoth

Gold Member
metroid-prime-4_ujws.600.jpg

Jeff Grubb mentioned in the Giant Bomb stream that he was much more confident on MP4 releasing this year now because he had heard about Epic Mickey Rebrushed from the same source.

"Mike, I will say that this being confirmed gives me more confidence that we'll get Metroid Prime 4 this year. I got the rumor from the same place".

At the 12:00 mark:

Blindy

Still think MP4 is going to be delayed long enough to be the big title for Switch II but hey. Can see it being done like how Breath of the Wild was by being on both WIi U and Switch.

Ristifer

Wasn’t the whole strategy to release the remasters of the trilogy before 4’s release? We haven’t seen anything about 2 yet.

daclynk

I Hope Please GIF

Let it released on 140mil switch and lets see how many people buy it. if it doesnt sell at least 5mil you all hardcore Metroid fan can kiss the IP goodbye

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Put me in the MP4 for Switch 2 camp. I want it to push the boundaries of what the new hardware can do.
I think its safe to say MP4 will be cross gen with Switch 2 and Switch, Metroid needs the biggest audience possible , and Nintendo already promised the game for Switch owners. the good news is that it should sell well, with Metroid Dread surpassing 3 Million units, and even having a positive effect on Wii U and 3DS eshop sales , the Prime remaster was recieved well too

That shouldn't stop Retro from showing a glimpse of what the next system can do however, Metroid Prime 4 with 'next gen' effects, then Metroid Prime 5 proper

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Please be wide linear in design, please be ambitious.
I been thinking, what i would like to see most in Prime 4 is improved combat capabilities, for example meele attacks like on Other M and Metroid Dread/Samus Returns, rather than just relying on shooting,will make combat more dynamic

The Map design i don't want it to be too open or too linear, but its a safe bet it will be bigger and more complex than the previous games , i trust Retro will know what approach will be best

Last edited:
I think its safe to say MP4 will be cross gen with Switch 2 and Switch, Metroid needs the biggest audience possible , and Nintendo already promised the game for Switch owners. the good news is that it should sell well, with Metroid Dread surpassing 3 Million units, and even having a positive effect on Wii U and 3DS eshop sales , the Prime remaster was recieved well too

That shouldn't stop Retro from showing a glimpse of what the next system can do however, Metroid Prime 4 with 'next gen' effects, then Metroid Prime 5 proper
Oh absolutely. We saw success with crossgen even if not fully intended with Xbox and Sony that'll lead the way with whatever Switch comes out following next gen systems too. Still a bit disappointing they won't push it hard with new stuff. No going back at this point with wanting to maximize profits.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Put me in the MP4 for Switch 2 camp. I want it to push the boundaries of what the new hardware can do.
I think the Switch has shown it can handle giant scale games just fine, and Metroid just isn’t a style of game that requires massive CPU power. I think cross gen would be fine if the Switch 2 outputs at higher res/other graphic settings and framerate

MagnesD3

I been thinking, what i would like to see most in Prime 4 is improved combat capabilities, for example meele attacks like on Other M and Metroid Dread/Samus Returns, rather than just relying on shooting,will make combat more dynamic

The Map design i don't want it to be too open or too linear, but its a safe bet it will be bigger and more complex than the previous games , i trust Retro will know what approach will be best
Completely agree as for the stuff I wanna see. I just want this to be an important step for 3d metroid. Im tired of saying Metroid Prime 1 is the best Metroid Prime, I dont want a doubt in my mind with MP4 that its the best one.

Last edited:
Still think MP4 is going to be delayed long enough to be the big title for Switch II but hey. Can see it being done like how Breath of the Wild was by being on both WIi U and Switch.
If Switch 2 is backward compatible, then I hope Ninendo don't force people to buy it twice, that would be rude.

metroid-prime-4_ujws.600.jpg

Jeff Grubb mentioned in the Giant Bomb stream that he was much more confident on MP4 releasing this year now because he had heard about Epic Mickey Rebrushed from the same source.

At the 12:00 mark:

Uh huh. The same source that told him Wind Waker and TP HD were coming fall 2022, right? Suuuuuuuure. Why do people still take stock in what this guy hears.

If Switch 2 is backward compatible, then I hope Ninendo don't force people to buy it twice, that would be rude.
They literally did the same thing with every single Wii U game that got ported to Switch. Why would this be any different? I gave Nintendo $120 for Mario Kart 8 and it's entirely my fault.

Although with back-compat you'd technically have it for Switch 2. Just probably they would do the PS5 thing where you pay $10 for the upgraded Switch 2 native version.

Last edited:
I think the Switch has shown it can handle giant scale games just fine, and Metroid just isn’t a style of game that requires massive CPU power. I think cross gen would be fine if the Switch 2 outputs at higher res/other graphic settings and framerate
It's fine, just not ideal, at least for us as consumers. As much as Nintendo are wizards squeezing out every last bit of juice from their hardware, it is ultimately getting crusty.

Top Bottom