• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Josh Brolin on getting “Beat to Shit” in ‘Deadpool 2’, future of 'X-Force' etc

Link.

“[David] embraces what he’s very good at, which I think is very smart. There’s ton of action in it. The tease is, a guy who’s 49 years old on the cusp of 50 who got in the best shape of his life, especially exteriorly, and I was extremely disciplined throughout that whole thing. I got beat to shit on that movie. That’s all I know. I had stuntmen throwing me all over the place. I’ve got a shoulder issue, I’ve got a knee issue that I’ve got to deal with now, but we got through it. We got through it. I pushed hard and I suffered because of it.”

“I’m not going to tell you how much I’m in the film, but it’s his introduction, and I think his introduction, even in the small promos and teasers that David has shown me, I think it’s a proper reveal. I think we’re not trying to hide the fact that this is the beginning of Cable and absolutely not the end. I think when you’re sensitive about how you reveal this character there’s a sense of mystery in it, so then when we finally get into X-Force, you’re going to be with this guy full blown all the time. There’s a lot to be revealed. There’s a lot to be revealed, but there’s three more movies to reveal more.”

“I think [X-Force films] sometime next year or soon thereafter. It depends. It all depends. It depends on how Deadpool 2 does, but I don’t think that’s a make or break kind of deal. Drew Goddard is already involved in it. He’s into it now. I know he and Ryan were meeting. I’ve met him once, and so this is all kind of going ahead. How it goes ahead, I know that they’re preparing, and I know that it’s something that I’m set to do. When it happens they’re going to put it as fast as they can. I think Drew Goddard is doing his movie right now and then once he’s kind of wrapped up with that and this movie comes out I think we’ll be ready to start the other one.”

Saya

I wonder that team they'll go with for X-Force...

Archangel, Deadpool, Fantomex, Psylocke, Wolverine?

RangerX

Banned

Please no. I want classic X-force with Shatterstar,Domino, Cannonball,etc. The X-force your talking about is barely ten years old.

Bladelaw

Deadpool, Cable, and Domino seem like no brainers for X-Force. The question is who fills the gap. Assuming a five mutant team there's two slots. Wolverine is probably out unless Jackman has a change of heart. They've already casted Psylocke in Apocalypse so it would be a natural fit with a character already introduced but Munn's performance wasn't exactly standout. Archangel would make sense for similar reasons. The fewer characters they need to give origin stories to the better so they can just focus on making the main plot interesting.

Given Cable is involved they can time travel to X-23's time and either pick her up or help her out (though I'd rather Logan stand on its own). Or they could go full copout and use Colossus and NSTW. I'm guessing it'll be Colossus and NSTW since they've already built a rapport with the characters.

Experien

Cable, Domino, Colossus, Deadpool, and someone else...not sure if they would try to go with Warparth or Cannonball.

McBryBry

I think who we've seen so far are good guesses. Deadpool, Domino, Cable, NTW, Colossus. If they go more than that, who knows.

leave Wolverine alone for a while. Logan (and Jackman's tenure in good and bad movies) was way too good to have a recast so soon.

hopefully they replace him with an older (20s) X23 instead in Xforce.

ZeoVGM

Banned

It does feel like Hugh is legitimately done with Wolverine, sadly, so I don't think Wolverine will be in it.

Deadpool, Domino and Cable are obvious. My hope is Psylocke as well. Munn was as good as she could have been with the character given the script so I'd like to see her Psylocke under better conditions.

Of course, they put her in 1983 in this universe for some reason so no matter who plays her, there will need to be comic shenanigans involved.

kewlmyc

It does feel like Hugh is legitimately done with Wolverine, sadly, so I don't think Wolverine will be in it.

Deadpool, Domino and Cable are obvious. My hope is Psylocke as well. Munn was as good as she could have been with the character given the script so I'd like to see her Psylocke under better conditions.

Of course, they put her in 1983 in this universe for some reason so no matter who plays her, there will need to be comic shenanigans involved.

They could always get a replacement actor for Wolverine, and have Deadpool comment that it isn't Hugh Jackson.

J_Viper

I'm down for an X-Force film, but I wish it was still with Carnahan directing

Anyone know why he left?

leave Wolverine alone for a while. Logan (and Jackman's tenure in good and bad movies) was way too good to have a recast so soon.

hopefully they replace him with an older (20s) X23 instead in Xforce.

Yep, I'm down for that idea

Get Eiza Gonzalez in there

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I can't help but imagine Ryan Reynolds sitting in a meeting with a bunch of producers and casting agents and shit talking about how many millions Xforce will get if DeadPool2 hits certain benchmarks and where they would like the story to go and who they are thinking about for this roll or that roll and then the camera pans into his mind and it's just him sitting in his deadpool outfit with the mask off sitting next to a bus like Chris Farley in Billy Madison just laughing his ass off eating every ones lunch.

Fuckin did it, dude. Xforce is gonna be the shit. DP2 is gonna be awesome. I'm presold so hard on all his stuff. LetsGoooooo

Please, this is the X-Men Cinematic Universe, as if silly things like timelines and chronology and logical progression of age matter!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

not that clown. anyone but him. id rather see claw force than any lineup with fantomex

Please no. I want classic X-force with Shatterstar,Domino, Cannonball,etc. The X-force your talking about is barely ten years old.

yes please

He was arrested for domestic battery charges after his wife at the time (Diane Lane) called the police, they were later dropped after she called it a "misunderstanding"

Oh shit, that sucks.

Was not aware of that.

Feel bad about that national treasure comment now. :(

There's not much out there in terms of facts. Any chance it was a misunderstanding?

(I'm a big fan of Diane Lane too.)

They could always get a replacement actor for Wolverine, and have Deadpool comment that it isn't Hugh Jackson.

I dont think tthey need wolverine, or just make Hugh in a non action role.
Basically somehow connect Deadpool and the clone kids together in a MCU way in next 4-6 years

Laserdisk

Teaser poster

FB_IMG_1510256103102.jpg

Top Bottom