• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jupiter announces Picross S for Nintendo Switch, releasing September 28 (next week)

Cerium

http://nintendoeverything.com/jupiter-announces-picross-s-for-switch-out-next-week/

Over the past few years, Jupiter has created several Picross e games for 3DS. After the series reached 500,000 downloads on Nintendo's dedicated portable, the studio is now turning its attention to Switch with its first release for the console: Picross S.

Picross S will contain 300 puzzles in Picross and Mega Picross modes. 5×5, 10×10, 15×15, and 20×15 puzzle sizes are included.

Unique to Switch is a new two-player mode, in which users can cooperate to solve puzzles or compete to solve squares.
Various helpful features are included like the hint roulette and navigation feature. Jupiter also promises a renewed Picross and Mega Picross tutorial.

Picross S is launching sooner than you'd think, with a release planned for September 28. Pricing is set at $7.99 / €7.99 / £7.19.

Kyonashi

Hell yes, the Jupiter Picross games are really high standard - 2-player mode sounds like a great addition too.

Honestly a Jupiter-made Picross iPhone title would be my 2nd most desired Nintendo app after Animal Crossing mobile.

Metal B

Yes, this is the splashing over from the 3DS to the Switch, everybody was hoping for. My girlfriend will be happy, she loves the Picross series.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Coop Picross? It will hard to justify to my wife that I am not buying this since it is download only.

_dsc154524rcq.jpg

So ready for Switchcross.

sugarless

Hm, I switched on this. On most games, I'd agree, but D-Pad feels better and quicker for me.

Agreed, the D-pad cursor may not be as instantly gratifying but the stylus controls have an inevitable, albeit small, error rate from mis-swiping. It's just more precise with buttons.

apmusson

Neo Member
I'm getting this too. I love picross in the DS and was looking to get the 3DS version but it makes more sense to get it on the Switch.

Great to see smaller games sitting alongside major releases on the Switch.

Zoracka

Man, now I really need to get that switch. I'm very close to finishing Picross 3D round 2. Already done all the other Picross games on the 3ds.

nin1000

Banned
Yessss! Finally and also releasing a lot earlier than i had anticipated.
2 player addition seems also very nice

BTA

Need to finish my copy of 3D still (that 50 minute puzzle sucks and I keep putting off wasting that time on it again) but I'm ready for my new addiction.

It should be technically possible to use a Touchscreen-stylus on the Switch, if the game supports the touch-screen.

Maybe, Miyamoto did mention it once:

“What’s incredible is that it’s not just this monotone vibration, but you can feel the taps. So when you put your pen on the screen, it’s not just this dull vibration, you can feel the tap that the tip of the pen makes on the screen.”

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-stylus-accessory-214/

Opa-Pa

Hell yeah, awesome news. So soon too.

I wonder how many of this type of games we'll have go get on Switch for people to finally accept that it's indeed the 3DS' successor. Even third parties see it that way.

I meant stylus, which are available right now for smartphones and tablets.
KASTYPNBLKA-stylus-pen-main-hires.jpg

Of course, if Nintendo develops a stylus, which can simulate an interaction with the screen or rumble, that would be cool.

I have one of these lurking around. Interested to see how it weighs up on the Switch screen, otherwise I'll just be using the d-pad.

zigg

I meant stylus, which are available right now for smartphones and tablets.
KASTYPNBLKA-stylus-pen-main-hires.jpg

Of course, if Nintendo develops a stylus, which can simulate an interaction with the screen or rumble, that would be cool.
I have never been happy with these, even on a 10" screen. At least they're cheap enough to just try and see if you like it.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I have been begging for Picross on Switch since forever, and Jupiter just made my most-desired Switch game a reality. I am SO fucking hyped for this.

Man, we got Picross a lot earlier than usual lol
IIRC, the first Picross e title for 3DS launched ~6 months after the 3DS launch, just only in Japan.

Top Bottom