• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just cancelled my Wal-Mart SNES Classic preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pajamas

Sorry, just have to vent a little bit.

Back in August when the SNES Classic went up for preorder on the major retail websites, I was able to secure one from Target and Wal-Mart, with the intent of using one for my nephew's birthday at the end of this week. The order from Target shipped early last Friday, the day the SNES Classic launched. However, my Wal-Mart preorder still had not shipped as of today. I called their customer service hotline to see if there was an issue. A very nice lady ultimately told me that, at times, Wal-Mart may be unable to guarantee that a preordered item will be in stock and would most likely ship much later than expected, upwards to 10 days, and if the order does not ship after that 10 day window, the order would be automatically cancelled. That did not instill much confidence, in my opinion. I told her that I had one on the way from another retailer and told her to cancel my order, and that I won't be using their website for anything in the future.

TLDR: Wal-Mart can't guarantee something that a preorder is supposed to guarantee you.

I have the same issue. I won’t cancel since I have no alternative at the moment, but I’m severely disappointed to say the least. I know Wal-Mart is finicky but I still held out hope :/

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
The lady on the other end was probably like "alrighty then" after you got off the phone.

Spacebar

At this point it is what it is. Adapt and do what you gotta do. If you really want one there will be plenty of chances in the coming weeks. Good luck!

Yukinari

I have the same issue. I won't cancel since I have no alternative at the moment, but I'm severely disappointed to say the least. I know Wal-Mart is finicky but I still held out hope :/

It sucks honestly that everyone is enjoying their SNES meanwhile i preordered twice from Walmart (first wave was cancelled) and still dont have it.

I really dont wanna make a 3rd order attempt.

Hoje0308

Banned
Spoiler alert: nobody at Walmart is getting bent out of shape over your lost business.

I get that you're disappointed, but these things happen. It sucks, move on with your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom