• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koei can take their precious "5th Weapons" and...

...shove 'em straight up their asses.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I haven't been able to acquire a single "5th Weapon" in Samurai Warriors so far, with the exception of Kunoichi's. And that's only because hers is so damn easy to get; just run non-stop through Ueda Castle, and avoid getting killed. You don't even have to beat any opponents, or complete any missions, and it can still be yours.

But on every other attempt at "5th Weapon" acquisition, I've failed miserably. I either miss one of the requirements, or do something I'm not supposed to, or get swarmed over and defeated because the developers (in their infinite wisdom) decided that enemy stats should rise to match your own built-up levels, effectively negating the advantages of a high-level character. Smart move, Koei.

Yukimura? My life gave out with about ~150 KOs to go before hitting 1000.

Masamune? I got swarmed over by Mitsuhide's dozen or so pumped-up generals.

Keiji? I don't know what happened. I think an ally defeated a subgeneral before I could.

The list goes on and on. And even if I did manage to complete the requirements for acquisition, chances are I still wouldn't be able to get the weapon, because (again, in their infinite wisdom) Koei decided that supply teams should no longer show up on the map. It becomes a "trial and error" game to find the right path, and takes a bit of hope that you'll stumble upon them before retreat.

And the worst part is, looking at the stats for these "5th Weapons" in some of the FAQs available at GameFAQs, most of them are complete and utter trash. If you've got a high-level Kappa Amulet and Discern ability, and you set the game to 'Chaos', you should be able to find "4th Weapons" that are just as good... and sometimes, even better!

DW4 is sooooooooooo much better than this crap.
rolleyes.gif

belgurdo

Banned
You're actually hunting for fifth weapons? Getting any level of weapon on a hard/chaos mode stage usually produces better results.

And speed/selective officer killing is usually the key to getting those fifths, anyway, so don't try to kamikaze through the stage and hope that the supply team comes...get thee better Tengu Sandals and something to increase weapon range instead.

Oh yeah: Anyone know where I can get a picture of second costume Okuni? Need an art reference.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Getting these weapons were my favorite part of the game! Great challenges, but yes they are challenges.

Yukimura's is one of the more difficult ones to earn. Particularly not for the 1000 KO's, but for making sure no one enters that damned castle. Date can be an evil prick.

I think I have earned 8 of the 15 or whatever total(Yukimura, Hanzo, Ranmaru, Mitsuhide, Keiji, umm...a couple others I can't recall names right now) I was last working on Noh's I think.

Any particular one you REALLY want to earn, I can try to help with a strategy...remember to save your progress mid-battle if the requirements ARE going well, being the first tip.

Top Bottom