• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Nintendo sending copyright claims on Mario (Wii U) Minecraft Youtube videos

jbug617

Banned
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-s-awful-youtube-policies-accidentally-impactin-1777830252
YouTubers are currently able to monetize their Minecraft videos, which has helped make the game so damn popular on the video service. Nintendo, however, forces players to sign up for a service where they take a huge cut.

Minecraft’s collaboration with Nintendo wasn’t supposed to apply to this, but people started getting hit with copyright claims by Nintendo. What the heck?

4J Studios, the company behind the add-on, quickly responded to concerns.

“We’re hearing reports of copyright strikes on Super Mario Mash-Up videos,” they said on Twitter. “We were assured this wouldn’t happen. Following up with Nintendo.” In another tweet, they said Nintendo was “going to investigate.”

Nintendo and 4J Studios didn’t respond to my requests for additional comment.

Hope this is just a misunderstanding by Nintendo and everything will be set straight.

On Twitter someone posted the notice
CiwQnKlUgAISnj2.jpg

Phu

Banned
I noticed about a week or two ago that all my Nintendo themed videos got hit with a new sweep of Content ID stuff. I think they recently dumped another pot of content into the system that's catching more stuff.

Top Bottom