• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku Splitscreen Podcast |OT| Press Sneak Fuck Extravaganza

Nibel

yKYOkqZ.jpg

I always wondered why there isn't a dedicated thread for this podcast yet since I think this is one of the better video game podcasts out there thanks to the both hosts, Kirk Hamilton and some dude who calls himself Jason Schreier. Mind you this is still a relatively fresh podcast, so there are not *that* many episodes out yet

What do they talk about
A mix between general topics like "what makes a classic JRPG" or "what it's like to be a games reporter" and currently trending topics. They do a good job of talking about 'offtopic gaming stuff' while including recent news and events without making you feel like you're in a bubble. Sometimes there are interesting guests too

Describe the vibe
Generally a very laid back yet professional podcast; just two adults talking about video games without unnecessary cringe-shit inbetween. Episodes are relatively short (always around the one hour mark) and mostly to the point. Scoops get dropped here and there, too (I think that Skyrim Remaster was mentioned here first)

But Jason made that article about Dragon's Crown
like who even gives a shit man

Where can I listen to it
iTunes
Google Play
or check the 'splitscreen' tag on Kotaku that shows you every podcast with additional links

Anything else or--
As someone listening to GiantBomb, 8-4 Play, Kinda Funny and EasyAllies, I feel this one is a good addition since both Jason and Kirk have interesting perspectives as news-breaking reporters who very often bring 'behind the scenes' scoops to the table without being too 'gossipy' about it. Both are very reasonable and share amusing thoughts on video games and the culture surrounding it

You should give it a try if you look for some fresh meat for your ears

Top Bottom