• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku's opinion on the horrors of Advance Wars 1 + 2 Re-Boot Camp

Dr. Suchong

I almost threw my Edge magazine across the room over some similar, thin skinned wankery, when they were praising some Harvest moon type game for forgoing the inclusion of livestock, for those opposed to eating meat or some reason.
It's a fucking videogame!
Nobodies forcefeeding you a live kitten or anything.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I could understand this article if it showed you people die but they literally blow off the screen
I think it's just more the rational of it. You buy the unit, send them to their death, and then have to sit and watch it in a turn based game. A RTS is a little more fluid and rapid. In this you frequently make the choice to weigh lives vs. territory vs. funds. I honestly didn't think the article was that bad. He basically just says the gameplay is awesome and the story is a joke, which is true.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Is this their idea of being progressive? My step daughter has more common sense. We play co-op together too. Where was this stupidity back when the games were on GBA? My guess is that they need a warning label like those fictional character and narrative ones. Can’t step on someone’s toes with goofy fictional war characters.

Mossybrew

In years past this would have been an April Fool's joke. I can't imagine the kind of precious, exhausting person that writes something like that sincerely.

_Ex_

Just another fine example of "modern games journalism".

They managed to generate controversy, so people are talking about Kotaku, and clicking on that shit article. Mission accomplished?

Fuz

Banned
I'll be honest,. When I've read "kotaku's opinion" on the title I expected bad, but not this bad.

I'm convinced they're doing it for clicks and reactive engagement. There's no other possible reason.

SegaShack

Yet I'm sure every FPS or Battle Royale Kotaku talks about doesn't get any criticism for violence.

What's next getting mad at mario for stomping on creatures?

"But I couldn’t stand to watch these young commanders treat war like a board game..."

Let It Go Idk GIF
I had a friend who acted like that when we played Risk. Absolutely disgusting. Needless to say, we are no longer friends.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
A comic from fifteen years ago makes the point far more effectively in just three panels than does Kotaku with its multiple paragraphs of performative schlock.

comic92.jpg

-Zelda-

Banned
Demolition Man was a documentary.
Man, that was on tv yesterday and I told my fam this is what the future will be like if liberals and soy boys take over the US in the future. We can't get self lacing shoes, autofitting/cleaning jackets, and hoverboards because that would be too awesome. Instead we get Taco Bell and Sea Shells.

Top Bottom