• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LeBron conspiracy - forcing ESPN to remove negative narrative

hiphopcr

Jimmy Butler has openly wanted to play for the Lakers for years, going back to 2015 and up until recently.

A week ago Woj reported:

lebron_jimmy.png

But when you read the article that portion has been removed.

giphy.gif

Of course it got picked up by every other news site out there.

Last edited:

shira

I remember him quashing the rumors of his mom hooking up with Delonte West

That's the power of being the top player

NickFire

I don't know, couldn't it have been removed because of Butler too? I mean, who wants the narrative out there that they will only play for a team if they get all the attention?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Jimmy Butler has openly wanted to play for the Lakers for years, going back to 2015 and up until recently.

A week ago Woj reported:

lebron_jimmy.png

But when you read the article that portion has been removed.

giphy.gif

Of course it got picked up by every other news site out there.

Or maybe the reason didn't check out and wasn't true. You'd have to question and ask yourself with Butler would be scared to play with Lebron. Hate him all you want, but he's twice the player Butler is.

Dthomp

In other news, athelete with thin skin continues to have thin skin. Somebody gotta tell ESPN there is more then one player in the NBA and GASP there are parts of the country that legit don't care about LeBron...

Or maybe the reason didn't check out and wasn't true. You'd have to question and ask yourself with Butler would be scared to play with Lebron. Hate him all you want, but he's twice the player Butler is.

Butler is damn good; a true stud on both ends of the court, but he's most effective with the ball in his hands. He probably wants to avoid being rendered a spot up jump shooter in a LeBron ball offensive system.

mckmas8808

Butler is damn good; a true stud on both ends of the court, but he's most effective with the ball in his hands. He probably wants to avoid being rendered a spot up jump shooter in a LeBron ball offensive system.

This is probably more the truth than what the OP is creating this to be. And it's okay for Butler to feel this way.

Dthomp

That's one thing that I think people don't realize that players that play with LeBron have to sacrifice. He is SO ball dominant that it can easily take players out of the roles that they excel at. Not every player wants to sacrifice what makes them unique to jump on the bandwagon and play with LeBron. There is still a small number of guys who actually want to be "the guy" and lead a team as apposed to snake it up and join a superteam. I mean look at the star players and what they could do before Lebron, and what they did with (Bosh, Love, Wade to an extent, Kyrie). Kyrie isn't the best example as he was so young, but look what that guy can do with the ball in his hands, and they turned him into a spotup shooter alot of the time.

mckmas8808

That's one thing that I think people don't realize that players that play with LeBron have to sacrifice. He is SO ball dominant that it can easily take players out of the roles that they excel at. Not every player wants to sacrifice what makes them unique to jump on the bandwagon and play with LeBron. There is still a small number of guys who actually want to be "the guy" and lead a team as apposed to snake it up and join a superteam. I mean look at the star players and what they could do before Lebron, and what they did with (Bosh, Love, Wade to an extent, Kyrie). Kyrie isn't the best example as he was so young, but look what that guy can do with the ball in his hands, and they turned him into a spotup shooter alot of the time.

Love and Bosh were "better" players with Lebron than without. They needed Lebron to excel and be put on the world stage. But I catch your drift.

Dthomp

Love and Bosh were "better" players with Lebron than without. They needed Lebron to excel and be put on the world stage. But I catch your drift.

I can agre with Bosh, but Love was never the same after leaving MN. Shame they could never give him even adequate talent when he was there. Could have been fun, I’d love to see him come back with the current squad. Cavs need a Butler?

mckmas8808

I can agre with Bosh, but Love was never the same after leaving MN. Shame they could never give him even adequate talent when he was there. Could have been fun, I’d love to see him come back with the current squad. Cavs need a Butler?

I think Kevin's back issues slowed him down some too. And Kevin got exposed once he got in the playoffs due to lack of speed and athleticism on defense. He can't jump over the rim anymore. But Kevin was also allowed to expand his game as a jump shooter and it'll be best for him now that he's older.

The Cavs though? Nah man it's over for them lol. They done!

Only problem I have with James is the announcers

If you want to play PG and hold the ball at all times, somewhat serviceable role players like Hood will look like absolute garbage while you keep padding your stats. Same thing happens with Westbrook, and the Bulls tried that in 88-89 when they weren't playing up to their potential. Jordan averaged a triple double for that 20 game stretch, but it sure didn't make the role players look any better even though he was racking up assists like crazy.

Only problem I have with ESPN is the constant talk about how unstoppable James is and no mention about the Dallas series or rule changes ever come up. I mean ever. The last team who could double team him consistently while keeping a C underneath the bucket on every half court set totally shut James down. After game two it seemed he had no idea what to do on Mavericks rotations. Marion stayed in front of him and Chandler was waiting near the bucket on almost every play. Now? I just watched an NBA Finals game last season where James scored 18 points in a row on layups, against smaller players after switches, where he started his dribble behind the three point line and nobody came to double or even help. Maybe in a few years they will just let guys play offense 5 on 4 so we can stop this charade of defense in the league.

Jon Neu

Banned
LeBron haters made another invent with the sole intention of indulge in their hatred of LeBron.

More news at 10.

Jon Neu

Banned

Every team has a ball dominating player, LeBron is one of the best players ever, of course he is gonna have the ball a lot. Especially when you know LeBron can make the team play with his amazing vision and passing skills, while Kyrie only plays for himself.

He was also a very good defender, much better than Kyrie who has always been a liability in that aspect (and with the constant injuries, too). And don't start me on Love, he is an absolute zero in defense and a very irregular player in the offensive end.

Lebron made the Cavs of JR Smith, Tristan Thompson or Iman Shumpert win against the Warriors. That's just history.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
LeBron's going to make 21 year old Brandon Ingram the second coming of Iceman Gervin.

Loki

Count of Concision
Only problem I have with ESPN is the constant talk about how unstoppable James is and no mention about the Dallas series or rule changes ever come up. I mean ever. The last team who could double team him consistently while keeping a C underneath the bucket on every half court set totally shut James down. After game two it seemed he had no idea what to do on Mavericks rotations. Marion stayed in front of him and Chandler was waiting near the bucket on almost every play. Now? I just watched an NBA Finals game last season where James scored 18 points in a row on layups, against smaller players after switches, where he started his dribble behind the three point line and nobody came to double or even help. Maybe in a few years they will just let guys play offense 5 on 4 so we can stop this charade of defense in the league.

Exactly. Lebron fans are blind to how easy it is to score in today's game (i.e., in the NBA of the last several years) due to spacing, lack of physicality, and no shotblockers inside. Lebron'sscoring game would be almost completely nullified in the '85-'00 era.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
LeBron’s best narrative is helping out communities, owning basketball record books and bringing championships to cities (Miami, Cleveland and eventually LA). Everything else is here say, trolling, false narratives or drama.

Top Bottom