• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legrand Legacy - Indie hand-drawn visuals JRPG needs your vote on Steam Greenlight

It's Greenlitten!

header.png

They're onto Kickstarter on Nov 16.
KICKSTARTER: 16 NOVEMBER 2016

We knew from the beginning that we wanted to involve the community in the development of Legrand Legacy, but we also wanted to wait until we have something solid to show to prove our commitment and capability.

Through our Kickstarter campaign, you will see new exclusive images that have never been released to the public before and get a rare glimpse of what happens behind the scenes. You'll also get the chance to actually BE FEATURED IN THE GAME and to snag some cool limited edition merchandise that we have prepared especially for our backers.

Who knows, if we make it past our main goal, we can even do things that are currently on everyone's wish list, such as porting to PS4, live orchestra recording, and other cool stuff that will make the game infinitely better. This is the best time to let us know what YOU wish to see in Legrand Legacy. We hope that you will embark on this journey together with us!

xoxo,
The Legrand Legacy Team

Teaser trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Yw456ScV0

Steam Greenlight.
LEGRAND LEGACY is an exciting new PC game that blends classic JRPG components with modern mechanics, hand drawn visuals, and a twisted plotline. Developed by a troop of Indonesian indie gamers who are dedicated to their craft, this single player RPG boasts a unique turn-based combat system with Quick Time Event, large scale wars, and an intricate crafting system.

If you’re a fan of Final Fantasy, The Legend of Dragoon, and Suikoden, OR if you simply miss the nostalgic JRPG experience of the 90’s era, this is the game for you.

Here's some of the main features of the game:
  • Unique turn based combat system with Quick Time Event (aka ACT – Action Circle Tempo)
  • Live2D system – Characters’ emotions are expressed in detail when they’re talking so players can understand what the characters are truly feeling.
  • 2D hand painted backgrounds with 3D models resulting in a beautiful mesh of a 2.5D artwork
  • Fully rendered 3D cinematic
  • Castle Building (and recruitable NPCs)
  • Large Scale War Battle System
Some screens:

DJIzana

Music is pretty hype. Not... entirely sure I feel the animations or not (or the setting for that matter) but... I'll keep my eye on this (at the very least).

I do get some Legend of Dragoon vibes from this though (with what seem to be timed button attacks).

Fou-Lu

Game looks really cool. I am all for supporting it, my own dream is to make a game like this one day.

Hello, dev here. Thank you OP for sharing. Feel free to ask me anything

It's great to have you here! Some questions then: How did this project get started? How big is your team? Personal fave JRPG?

SEMISOFT

Neo Member
Game looks really cool. I am all for supporting it, my own dream is to make a game like this one day.

It's great to have you here! Some questions then: How did this project get started? How big is your team? Personal fave JRPG?

Wow, thank you Fou-Lu, we really need your support, thanks again to OP to share our game, it's the first project for this scale.

This project started 2 years ago, 20 Oct precisely.Our team consists 20+ people, but we need outsource to finish, so it's more.

Personal fave JRPG? It's a tough question, but my favorite was FFVII

SEMISOFT

Neo Member
Call me very interested but Jesus christ if that narration doesn't border on the hilariously bad. It sounds like Elmer Fudd whispering as to not wake up any sleeping wabbits

we were recording that in a little corner of our house at midnight... Pardon us sounding a little... Drunk / sleep deprived... Hee hee

Got that PS1/PS2 RPG vibe.......I miss that. Hope for the best! I'll keep this on my radar. =)

(Even if im not a fan of those kind of QTE in my RPG battle systems lol)

SEMISOFT

Neo Member
Nice to see fellow SEAs doing stuff. Where's the music from?

It's always good to hear your support, from all of you :)

We're doing music in-house with INharmonics. Please enjoy playlist of Legrand Legacy's OST here

and don't forget to subscribe :)

SEMISOFT

Neo Member
Hey guys, have any of you tried the pre-alpha prologue that we have released for free? Yes FOR FREE!? Link's available on the Kickstarter page! Let us know what you think of it! I can answer any questions if any of you would like to ask. So I guess this is sort of like an AMA thread.

Tizoc

Backed for GBP 9. Though if you don't mind me saying I personally find the game's title to be pretty...dull and generic :X

SEMISOFT

Neo Member
Hi, everyone
As you know, we're release Pre-Alpha demo for you!, yes, you!
You can download our Demo at our Steam Store http://store.steampowered.com/app/556740

or

if you didn't have or planned to not have Steam, you can download at GameJolt
gamejolt.com/games/legrand-legacy/179162

Please tell us what do you like or didn't like here, we really apreciate :)

Cheers,

xergal

Neo Member
Hey guys,

Would you be interested in doing an AMA with the team? If so, I'll get this arranged.

I'm Dan, I work for a company called PR Hound and we champion indie developers and have helped quite a few titles through Kickstarter and beyond! We're currently helping Semisoft with Legrand Legacy and would love to get your thoughts, opinions and questions to the team.

SEMISOFT

Neo Member
Hi everyone,

Last week, 29-30 November 2016 . We are went to showcase our game at Game Prime 2016, Indonesia's biggest gaming event and Legrand Legacy bring the first award as The Most Promising Game 2016. So far, this is our 3rd events and hopefully, we can showcase our game in many international gaming events in near future and meet you guys there. Here is our pict from last events:

DOYcXss.jpg

QoB1WFX.jpg

i7xB2qg.jpg

AmdR6y4.jpg

jVzyL8C.jpg

Our First Award

Kieli

I'm ambivalent to voice acting. I think the best balance for indie-RPGs is to sprinkle a bit of voice here and there in key moments to add some flavor, and also give the audience a stronger impression of the character.

Otherwise, have most of the dialogue be unvoiced enables richer text, more varied options, and quicker iterations/drafting.

I'm ambivalent to voice acting. I think the best balance for indie-RPGs is to sprinkle a bit of voice here and there in key moments to add some flavor, and also give the audience a stronger impression of the character.

Otherwise, have most of the dialogue be unvoiced enables richer text, more varied options, and quicker iterations/drafting.

I'd rather just have "beeps" than voice acting - saves money for other things and preserves my nostalgia for JRPGs of years gone by.

Also, the YouTube links in the OP don't work for me.

SEMISOFT

Neo Member
I'd rather just have "beeps" than voice acting - saves money for other things and preserves my nostalgia for JRPGs of years gone by.

Also, the YouTube links in the OP don't work for me.

I fully agree with Sparrowhawk, as an Indie we had a very tight budget even threaten to finish the game.

Hi Sparowhawk, here's the link to our official channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyx2awEfqjofEDurH-WaAxw

Btw, our Kickstarter end in 9 days, and we still need +40.000 GBP more. Please support us to make Legrand Legacy happen, every word and pound matter.

cress2000

Kicked them £130.00 (£100.00 + £30.00 shipping). I like what they're trying to accomplish with this (modern JRPG style). I want to see more of it happen. If this fails I hope they try again.

Heh, that Suikoden sleeve flowing briskly in the wind in terms of the latest update on the rough gist of the strategic combat portions of the game.

li bur

I don't really like what I see but I wanna see fellow countrymen doing well. I'm going to back it on the lowest tier at the very least.

SEMISOFT

Neo Member
Thank you @cress2000 :-D

let's hope our goals achieve in 2 days 🙏

Kicked them £130.00 (£100.00 + £30.00 shipping). I like what they're trying to accomplish with this (modern JRPG style). I want to see more of it happen. If this fails I hope they try again.

Top Bottom