• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's look over Nintendo's relationship with Bandai Namco

Snakeyes

What do you think would be an appropriate pick up should Nintendo pull a Fatal Frame with Bandai Namco? What about another crossover game like Pokken Tournament and Hyrule Warriors with Tecmo Koei? Where do you see their relationship going?

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Jump Stars Vs. Smash Bros.

sörine

Banned
But it had already been announced to PSP. It went to Vita mostly because it had to be delayed and by the time it would be released, Banco realized it wouldn't do releasing only for PSP in late 2013.

Because this is the incorrect interpretation, that is why it is ridiculous. They released Toukiden on Vita because they knew the profile of the average Vita owner through the researches that have been made, and knew there were many Vita owners that were frustrated for the lack of Monster Hunter, so that they could fill the void if they had a good game.

It was more like Sony felt pressured to give some kind of support to Vita when they realized they wouldn't be getting a lot of 3rd party support. Because most of their IPs would not help that much, they tried to gamble in a genre they knew their customers were interested in, and other projects that didn't take a lot of resources, like Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary and Oreshika. That support dried up quickly, though, as they decided to focus on PS4 and rebrand Vita as a PS4 accessory.

Your list consists of many Square series. Suikoden was released before FFVII, Megaten had a presence on Saturn. Some series went to the most successful console and some avoided Saturn because by the time they were made, Sega had already announced or even launched Dreamcast. It is not just a "follow the leader" thing, there are reasons, and the reasons why most didn't stick with N64 are obviously technological. Even the smallest PS and Saturn RPGs wouldn't fit in on cartridge.

Your argument is based on being "wise after the event" for hunting games not going to 3DS. Apart from Toukiden, the games you mention were either planned for Playstation platforms or are developed by Sony. Even so, none of the games were announced after Monster Hunter 4 was released on 3DS, so it is not a situation like FFVII, were many of games you mention are 1998, 1999, or even 2000, so that they were either planned after FFVII success or were at early stages of development and were already burned by Nintendo 64 being on cartridges, making it almost impossible to develop compelling RPGs for it. The fact that no new hunting games were announced for Vita after MH4 release apart for the extended versions makes your point moot. How could they know Monster Hunter 4 would not have a worrying decline on 3DS before knowing how it had performed?

I take issue of people making wild claims to support their biased arguments. The objective of claiming that Sony obviously moneyhatted games with no proof is to support the argument that every game should be released on 3DS, and when they aren't is that something "wrong" happened. But being moneyhatted, stubborn, greedy and liking to suffer are not the only reasons why publishers make games for other platforms. It is not through the insistence of four or five members, that are constantly on MC threads, in repeating this mantra at every opportunity that it will become true.
I was going to type up a giant multiquote point by point response to this but what's the point? It just gets further and further away from the original argument, and even further still from the topic.

What I suggested wasn't unreasonable, illogical, unlikely or even remotely controversial. Which I guess is why I'm a bit baffled by your heated response. It's something so readily apparent that it's not worth getting so worked up over.

But by all means feel free to continue keeping your head in the sand. Reality can be scary, I know. Just please try not to explode with fanboy rage the next time someone dares to state the obvious in front of you. It just wastes all our time.

cafemomo

Guy has an agenda
The man has an agenda for going where the fanbase is?
BfK0GBeCQAAXMBu.jpg:large

He created the situation where Tales on any non-sony platform is a) glorified beta b) incomplete software against what he's gonna release afterwards exclusively for a sony platform of his choice.

Even myself wouldn't buy a tales game who happens to be nintendo/microsoft exclusive at this point, that's like asking to be assfucked, again. No matter how many people buy it and how not-horrible the results turn out to be no games will ever come that way afterwards, because like I said, dude has a hard forehead and he really doesn't want to support other consoles. And it becomes a self-inflicted prophecy if you will. And it did.

That's bad business practice because last gen tales exclusivity was actually worth something. Now the value is zero, the practice ran it into the ground because people will just wait, nobody will contract or ask for a Tales of exclusive at this point. Nobody cares.

Anyway.... What did you expect sales-wise? The fact he insisted the Tales of userbase was on the Vita for so long and not on the 3DS alone proves my point: guy is a tool.

But I agree to disagree here and now.

In regards to the OP, I'd say bandai namco's got a pretty good relationship with Sony as well. At least with Tekken. Harada said the new game's main development platform's gonna be Ps4.

sfried

In regards to the OP, I'd say bandai namco's got a pretty good relationship with Sony as well. At least with Tekken. Harada said the new game's main development platform's gonna be Ps4.

What's he doing then making Pokken? And Project Treasure seems completely out-of-the-blue as well.

monpiece

Banned
sörine;149118713 said:
I was going to type up a giant multiquote point by point response to this but what's the point? It just gets further and further away from the original argument, and even further still from the topic.

What I suggested wasn't unreasonable, illogical, unlikely or even remotely controversial. Which I guess is why I'm a bit baffled by your heated response. It's something so readily apparent that it's not worth getting so worked up over.

But by all means feel free to continue keeping your head in the sand. Reality can be scary, I know. Just please try not to explode with fanboy rage the next time someone dares to state the obvious in front of you. It just wastes all our time.

So your solution was calling me a fanboy that refuses to accept the reality (in this case, the "reality" is everything you said). Okay then.

Top Bottom