• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level-5: New Layton game for Summer 2018, Inazua Eleven for "Nintendo Platforms"

If a mod sees this, can the correct the "Inazuma" typo in the title? I actually had it right the first time but the title was too long :p

Give me a puzzle to solve if old.

From an interview in License! Global with Simon Waldron, the senior VP of marketing and licensing at Level-5.

http://images2.advanstar.com/PixelMags/license-global/digitaledition/09-2017.html#14

New Layton title releasing in Summer 2018:
An additional "Layton" title is slated to launch in late summer 2018 to support the series.

Also mentions expanding the Layton brand with animated products and experiential events:
However, the company is presently focused on creating a variety of content for the series, ranging from animated products to experiential events. Earlier this year, for example, Level-5 ran a worldwide campaign, entitled Real World Puzzle Solving. During the event, a total of 50 puzzles popped up in famous locations throughout 10 countries and online via an official website and platforms like YouTube.

Mentions that Inazuma Eleven will hit "Nintendo platforms". It doesn't mention a name, but I'm assuming that they're referring to Ares:
Level-5 is also currently planning to reboot its classic video game property "Inazuma Eleven." The rebooted franchise, which is grounded in soccer (or football, depending on where you hail from in the world), will retell the original story in a slightly altered way and will be available on Nintendo platforms.
Note that Hino has already ruled out 3DS for Ares so the comment in this interview is a bit strange. It could have just been a slip up.

Also, a small bit on Snack World. Nothing much, other than Level-5 is looking to introduce the series to their European partners throughout 2018 and 2019:
Additionally, Level-5 recently launched a new video game property in Japan, titled ”Snack World." The new game features physical, collectible pieces that interact with the game by enabling new challenges, adding new powers and more. Looking ahead to 2018 and 2019, Level-5 hopes to introduce the brand to its European partners in order to develop a robust consumer products program similar to its model for ”Yo-kai Watch.

More Layton!! Yass!!
I love the original series, and I can't wait to play Lady Layton this Friday :D

Inazuma Eleven is awesome too. Any doubt about Ares being a Switch game is gone now. The big question still is when it'll release tho.

And The Snack World coming to Europe 'in 2018 and 2019'... do they refer anime in 2018 and game in 2019? Or the split between 3DS and mobile? Would it make any sense to release such a 3DS project in late 2018 internationally? I'm not too sure what their plans are with that one.

takoyaki

Nice, more Layton is always good news!

I wonder if this will be a Switch title, Hino mentioned a while back that they were trying to make the series work on Switch and that they would like to bring the next Layton game to the platform.

I don't know how Lady Layton sold, but I hope the future isn't mobile only for Layton. We will see.

I would be devastated if a series as charming and well-crafted as Layton went that route.

If the Layton games aren't finding success on Nintendo or mobile alone, they should really push try for multiplatform status - even if they have to eschew retail release, and go download only. Not having to design around 2 screens should enable at least a PC version.

More Layton!! Yass!!

Inazuma Eleven is awesome too. Any doubt about Ares being a Switch game is gone now. The big question still is when it'll release tho.

And The Snack World coming to Europe 'in 2018 and 2019'... do they refer anime in 2018 and game in 2019? Or the split between 3DS and mobile? Would it make any sense to release such a 3DS project in late 2018 internationally? I'm not too sure what their plans are with that one.

why not just throw it to the switch instead,though?I guess lots of people will bite

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its been 10 years - i can see them remaking the OG trilogy with new puzzles and other enhancements.

I don't know how Lady Layton sold, but I hope the future isn't mobile only for Layton. We will see.

I pulled this from the Media Create thread:
03. / 00. [3DS] Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level 5) {2011.02.26} - 119.591 / NEW
02./00. [3DS] Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney <ADV> (Level 5) {2012.11.29} (¥5.980) - 128.856 / NEW <42,22%>
02./00. [3DS] Professor Layton and the Legacy of Civilization A <ADV> (Level 5) {2013.02.28} (¥5.500) - 130.686 / NEW
02./00. [3DS] Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaire's Conspiracy <ADV> (Level 5) {2017.07.20} (¥4.444) - 70.867 / NEW

Plus the money from the mobile version.

Fiendcode

Was already expecting IE Ares and Lady Layton remaster for Switch, this just reconfirmed it. Also YW3 on 3DS in the west 2018.

Apparently the new Layton game wasn't that good? I've heard complaints like a disjointed story and the puzzles not being as good since the person who used to make them died. Hoping that there's less sliding puzzles lol.

PSFan

More Layton!! Yass!!

Eh, there's still a bunch things that still need to be announced for international release yet. The three Yo-kai Watch 3 games comes immediately to mind. I expect an announcement on those early next year tbh.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Love me some Layton but they really need to evolve the franchise a bit. I got burned out once the 3DS came about, never finished Miracle Mask and never picked up Azran Legacy.

I really want them to branch out into the more traditional PnC/Adventure games with regards to exploring the world, finding items in it and then using them within the world and with NPCs. I love the traditional puzzles the series is known for, but it needs to be balanced out more with other gameplay and interactions within the world.

If they could make it a mix of like 70% classic Layton style and puzzles and then 30% Lucas Arts/Broken Sword/etc gameplay would be perfect.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love a remake/port of the DS Layton games. After loving Layton vs Phoenix Wright I wanted to get into the franchise, but those games are impossible to find in my country at a reasonable price.

ChanMan

I am big soccer/football fan and always was interested in the Inazuma Eleven series but never got around to playing any of them. What are the chances of these games in getting localized for the Switch?

Layton Seven lives!!

Megaton Musashi is dead!

I was actually wondering what happened to Layton 7 a few days ago. Looks like it was canned when they decided to soft-reboot the series with Mystery Journey. I don't think anyone will mourn its loss.

I still don't get why Level-5 announced Megaton Musashi so soon. Snack World wasn't even out at that point. They even made a anime pilot lol. They're too obsessed with making cross-media franchise from the start instead of making a game with a solid foundation first. I don't think Snack World is doing so great compared to Yokai Watch.

MoonFrog

No, just simply, football.

You do realize soccer is an English nickname for the sport? From the late 19th century, i.e. the time and place when association football was becoming a thing?

It is short for association, as in association football, i.e. the full name of the sport (and the same thing, for which football is short term.)

It isn't some thing people cooked up because they had to find another name for the sport. It simply is different names for the sport became dominant in different places.

Probably helps that in, say, North America, another variant of football was more popular but that needn't be the case. Believe it is sakka or something in Japan too, for example.

Li Kao

Also, a small bit on Snack World. Nothing much, other than Level-5 is looking to introduce the series to their European partners throughout 2018 and 2019:

Typical Level-5 localization time. At this point it's a joke.
Take your fucking time Hino, no rush, why not a 2020 release on 3DS ? I wouldn't even bet on Yo-Kai 3 being translated.

Cyframe

I wish level 5 would have released the first 3 Inazuma Eleven games as a pack. From what I've heard from UK 3DS owners, nothing was changed from the localized games they got to the first game we did. Even though the eshop, would be better than just a single game.

I also wonder what they'll be doing with Yokai Watch 3, because they're running out of time to release those games and still have them be relevant.

Top Bottom