• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition Death Stranding PS4 Pro bundle announced

Mista

Banned

Sony Interactive Entertainment have announced a limited edition Death Stranding PlayStation 4 Pro Bundle. It will launch day and date with the game on November 8. It will cost $399.99 USD (MSRP) / $499.99 CAD (MSRP).

Here is an overview of the bundle, via the PlayStation Blog (North America—Europe here):
The Limited Edition Death Stranding PS4 Pro Bundle includes a custom 1TB PS4 Pro system, as well as a custom DualShock 4 wireless controller, and the Death Stranding game on Blu-ray Disc.

Inspired by the game, this new Limited Edition PS4 Pro features a white matte finish, with two BT handprints that form the shapes of the world’s continents. Sure to bring an otherworldly feel to your home entertainment setup, the bundle also includes an orange translucent DualShock 4 wireless controller that is the same color as the game’s BB Pod. Throughout the game, you can gently rock the controller to emulate holding the BB pod in your own hands.

Using PS4 Pro, 4K TV owners can enjoy an enhanced Death Stranding experience with dynamic 4K resolution achieved through 4K checkerboard, while HD TV owners will benefit from increased image clarity through supersampling. Players with HDR displays can also experience the game in high dynamic range color, which provides a brighter and wider range of color detail for a more vibrant image overall.

The Limited Edition Death Stranding PS4 Pro Bundle will be available across select US and CAN retailers for $399.99 USD (MSRP) / $499.99 CAD (MSRP) on November 8, 2019. So get ready to explore the world of Death Stranding, and save mankind from impending annihilation with this new custom designed PS4 Pro system this fall.
Gematsu

Mexen

My slim stay winning. I hope she sees me through the end of this generation.
Not a fan of this design at all.

It looks really nice from the side but I'm not a fan of upper plate.
But anyway unless you are collector better to wait for ps5 than buy pro so late in the generation.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
As much as an upgrade would be nice...I still can't justify buying a PS4 Pro this late into the generation. If they would have made it $350 I'd be super tempted with the plan to trade it in for a PS5 (Pro?) next year.

kingwingin

As if these systems are still so expensive. Not the ugliest console I've ever seen but I'm not digging the orange controller and reverse oreo look

Pallas

Gold Member
I don’t like the design. Should of had Kojima’s face plastered on there, holding up the golden jar baby like Simba in Lion King.

Edit: That controller, not sure if it’s just the color, the plastic material or that it’s translucent, but it looks cheaply made. Probably just an unintentional superficial aesthetic quality about it.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
b47fcfe75ace7989bb15352242bd1d0b.png

Dio would buy it

near

Gold Member
The design makes the console look cheap and tacky. But the controller looks cool, hope they sell that as a standalone too.

Psajdak

Banned
I never liked these kind of things - it always felt like I shouldn't play anything else except for that one game.

DonF

I dislike the reverse oreo color scheme of the console, but the baby liquid controller and the hand design, I like a lot.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think it would’ve looked aesthetically better if the white on the console were the Anniversary PS4/PS1 grey.

sublimit

Banned
It's kinda crazy that Kojima has one of the top artists in the industry (Shinkawa) who he could have done one of his iconic black&white character designs on the top of a white PS4 pro yet some idiot from Sony's marketing chose this.

Last edited:

Kagero

Kojima just posted some shots of the controller on his Instagram page and they look amazing actually. The console is still pretty half ass through.

Top Bottom