• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Losers are more likely to believe in conspiracy theories, study finds

Lunar15

Hm. This article is all sorts of weird.

Isn't it obvious that you'd be more likely to find people who are in disbelief of the results of something if they didn't benefit from them? It's not exactly shocking news.

It's almost as if this was put out to downplay everything that's coming out about Trump and Russia right now. But that's just conspiracy, I guess.

CDX

The prominent conspiracy theories came from Republicans and were about Obama faking his birth certificate, killing the kids at Sandy Hook, Benghazi, etc.”

“Now that Trump is president, the popular conspiracy theories come from Democrats and focus on Trump and Russia,” Uscinski said. “Conspiracy theories follow the ebb and flow of power and losers tend to propagate them the most.”

Oh. Damn. I forgot all about the Special Prosecutor that was investigating and building a case against Obama.

Actually more I think about it, I'm going to call BS on this. Even though Trump won his supporters continue to express the most nonsense conspiracies about democrats, or how the mainstream media is ran by a secret Jewish cabal. This whole thing seems focused purely on the losing side developing more conspiracies about election results rather than total conspiracy theorying.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Some serious false equivalencys in that article about what "conspiracy theories" people believe. Is something a conspiracy theory when it's been acompanied by mountains of evidence from mainstream sources and the subjects of the "conspiracy" are openly talking about it? Putting that along side the Republocan disproven conspiracies is pretty rediculous.

Working with large groups of people makes you quickly realize how unbelievable the amount of unwavering cooperation would need to be to pull off most conspiracy theories:

Skar

I have a coworker who is like this. He is an ultra racist, xenophobic, homophobix, sexist asshole who talks about nothing but one bullshit alt right conspiracy after another. One day he was telling me how Sigmund Freud was in on a plot for multiculturalism with all these other famous people.

Total dipshit, and absolutely the loser described in the OP. He is a violent street alcoholic when off the job, has severe diseases where his intestines have been removed and spent years hopeless on the streets on all kinds of shit. shit. He now has subsidized housing. I do not judge him for those things but I absolutely judge the horrible and hateful attitudes he took on in response.

Loser.

Top Bottom