• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

I remember that feeling in 2 and 3 and I really think they addressed it well in DD. Old favourites do return, but there's such a generous helping of fun new characters that it doesn't feel like they're cutting corners in any way at all.

Nice one, I'm yet to play DD (gonna start Apollo today first) but it was already something I was wary about. Glad to hear it's handled well.

Dual Destiny has the best Prosecutor since Edgeworth and Sr. Von Karma. Really awesome stuff in there.

Edit: I forgot about Godot. I'm an idiot.

rekameohs

Banned
Nice one, I'm yet to play DD (gonna start Apollo today first) but it was already something I was wary about. Glad to hear it's handled well.
Yeah, the references to the earlier characters were done rather well in Dual Destinies, in my opinion. There are only three cameos that I can think of, with another very very quick one, but I feel that they're handled well: the characters don't feel like one-note retreads of their past selves and it feels like they actually have something to contribute.

Compare that with Investigations, which I still liked, but had waaay to much fan service that it got ridiculous by the end. I can think of five cameos in Case 3 alone that were pointless to the story.

Investigations 2 had a similar problem.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am still upset by Maya's total absence in AA5.

It's like they're trying so hard to erase her existence from the main series ://////////////

One of the main reasons why I am so looking forward in playing AA vs Layton.

Asbear

Banned
The first one was always the best in the franchise in my opinion. The latter titles got dragged down by rehashing ideas from the first game case-wise, and also just in terms of how repetitive the courtroom cliches got.

I'd still put Trials & Tribulations second... or heck even Apollo Justice, because, despite of having a disappointing main cast, it did have a very genuinely mysterious and effective plot. (And plot holes, but I don't care)

And while Dual Destinies had awesome 3D sprites and whatnot, It didn't even come close story-wise to the first game. And I'd argue that it's not just nostalgia since I played all three main games in a row in 2011 for the first time, and Apollo Justice in 2012, and I still think AJAA and PWAA1 are the two top-tier titles when it comes to plot.

Crisium

I think AA4 is underrated, but no way is it top 2. The first game is so iconic and the third game's overarching plot is too good. Plus 3 has my favourite standalone case: Mask DeMasque. Although 5-3 is giving it competition... I need to wait for a replay to decide which is the best standalone case.

But Apollo Justice has the best music. I'll admit that.

Top Bottom