• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M&LSS - Cart races - Worth it?

Socreges

Banned
They're lots of fun, but I'm considering moving on. Two questions:

Are the only rewards beans? ie, level 5 = 5 beans, etc

I'm sitting at 9 beans. I can tell you mix them to make potions or something. Don't confirm that. Do I want lots of beans?

[EDIT] To be more specific, this is just after I got the Hammer.

Socreges

Banned
ok thanks

but mutherfuck. I reset the game out of frustration after accidentally choosing Run (escape) and having no way out of it. Lost ~30 coins.

Socreges

Banned
Oh, OK... douche. I was just frustrated that a slip of the finger [the game encourages quickness in battles and yet has no way of preventing or controlling mistakes such as that] had me fighting to escape when I didn't even want to - sending dozens of coins away. Then I was even more frustrated once I realized I had to do a decent chunk of the game over again.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Calm down, I wasn't being offensive. I was just wondering how losing 30 coins caused you to reset the game. I don't remember the numbers, specifically, but at your point in the game, that's only a few fights, no? (And they're fun!)

Socreges

Banned
It's not as if I weighed the cost of losing all those coins. It was just really retarded, so I reacted and reset the game.

Anyway, I finally died. But I don't really understand what the hell just happened. The game's been fairly easy, but suddenly I run into a paratroopa (something similar, at least) for the first time and with two hits both Mario and Luigi are dead. 20 hp off from each hit. Whereas before enemies would take off 5/6 hp tops. What the fuck? Did I somehow take a route that's more advanced? (I just came down from the mountain)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I remember that part. Not sure if there was a safer way or what, but I just ran through as fast as I could without battling anything. But yeah, those enemies are more powerful, probably best to avoid them for the time being.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Socreges said:
ok thanks

but mutherfuck. I reset the game out of frustration after accidentally choosing Run (escape) and having no way out of it. Lost ~30 coins.
Haha I did that once as well. Pissed me off. I hate running, I never do it. Anyways, a sort of FFTA/FE habit of mine is just to reset when I fuck up.

I hadn't saved in a long time, and when I ran I reset out of a kind of relfex, I lost a fair bit of progression and didn't pick up the cart again for a few days because I was pissed lol.

Socreges said:
It's not as if I weighed the cost of losing all those coins. It was just really retarded, so I reacted and reset the game.

Anyway, I finally died. But I don't really understand what the hell just happened. The game's been fairly easy, but suddenly I run into a paratroopa (something similar, at least) for the first time and with two hits both Mario and Luigi are dead. 20 hp off from each hit. Whereas before enemies would take off 5/6 hp tops. What the fuck? Did I somehow take a route that's more advanced? (I just came down from the mountain)
Yeah you are in the area around the castle. You ventured into a zone (north of) the castle that really isn't supposed to be explored until later. The game wants you to stay west and south of the castle untill you finish the chuckola woods. Same thing caught me (except it was the racoon goomba that pwned me)

Socreges

Banned
Haha I did that once as well. Pissed me off. I hate running, I never do it. Anyways, a sort of FFTA/FE habit of mine is just to reset when I fuck up.

I hadn't saved in a long time, and when I ran I reset out of a kind of relfex, I lost a fair bit of progression and didn't pick up the cart again for a few days because I was pissed lol.
Ah, someone who understands me. ;) Only I picked up the game immediately because I don't mind replaying certain areas - still lots of fun.
Yeah you are in the area around the castle. You ventured into a zone (north of) the castle that really isn't supposed to be explored until later. The game wants you to stay west and south of the castle untill you finish the chuckola woods. Same thing caught me (except it was the racoon goomba that pwned me)
I managed to kill four of those [raccoon] goombas, but it took at least ten minutes and a lot of dodging. I thought they were unusually hard, but appreciated the ramped up difficulty and moved on. That's when I ran into the parakoopas and got utterly destroyed.

I'm not sure if I like the fact that they inhibit your progress in that way [by difficulty - like Zelda 1 did] or if they should have put some kind of blockade up.

Top Bottom