• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Battle for Zendikar |OT| Lands matter (but nothing else does)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

Won Game 1 by getting Infinate Mana via Heartbeat/Palincron, then lost the next 2 games doing nothing.

I should probably not force Storm next time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";190357274]Good old Chalice on zero, Ancient Tomb, Chalice on 1 play.[/QUOTE]
Chalice is restricted now.

Firemind

Okay at least i managed to win the whole thing. Nothing like my opponents not doing anything for several turns, dropping griselbrand and still not mattering.

Wow at abbot of kher keep though. Not only does it draw you free cards but it also beats for 3/4 a turn. Why is lightning mauler still in the cube? lol

Jaeyden

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";190374803]lol I forgot it was restricted

rip[/QUOTE]

As as Perfect Storm player I praised the day that happened.

Firemind

Won Game 1 by getting Infinate Mana via Heartbeat/Palincron, then lost the next 2 games doing nothing.

I should probably not force Storm next time.
If there's one thing I learned from cube that's ubiquitously true, if your name isn't Jon Finkel, never go full storm.

Happy holidays, MTGGAF!

The repeat Latest Developments article reminds me, now that the scry mulligan rule has been here for a while, has the predicted scenario of aggro decks running rampant due to more consistent starting hands come true?

Firemind

I don't know about constructed but scrying is a godsend in cube, especially when you're playing mono red and you're digging for some action.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm mildly surprised they didn't do the "Christmas present" spoiler this year and then just have a picture of a big steaming Trick Jarrett dump.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";190362314]I'm not a fan of paying 14 bucks for what is ultimately phantom drafting since I have no plans on playing constructed on MODO. Especially since it costs me more to play with digital cards than the 11-12 bucks the local shops charge for paper.[/QUOTE]

You just sell the prize packs to bots

So I played my Brago EDH deck on MTGO today, planning to burn a little time before going to family dinner (not enough time to cube). The first time I had Brago blink himself, MTGO stuck him in the command zone instead of blinking him. Gee thanks, MTGO.

Angry Grimace

I sold out of Constructed on MTGO and I got a shameful amount of money back.

($1,400 dollars)

I sold out of Constructed on MTGO and I got a shameful amount of money back.

($1,400 dollars)

I sold out almost two years ago now (the last time that I played Modern seriously). I got a similar amount back out then, although I calculated that about half of that was actually profit (even after the buyer took their chunk).

Angry Grimace

I made a lot of money also, mostly because I bought in on Jace quite early. I also picked up Scalding Tarn expeditions for like 20 something tix and they sold at like 50.

The Mary Sue interviewed Kimberly Kreines and Melissa Li of the creative team, with the latter being a very recent addition. Kreines mentions that she strongly connects with the environmental aspect of the Zendikar story, which explains why she's the one writing all of the Nissa stories (and why they're so bad). Kaladesh is mentioned by Li as a world she really likes, which is further hinting that it will be the focus of a block. I'm pretty surprised that Li got the attention of the creative team through her cosplay. Here's her Sarkhan cosplay from the article.

My girlfriend's mom got me a Gideon, Ally of Zendikar for chrimbus. That was incredibly sweet of her. She took the time to snoop what kind of cards I liked and what I was missing without me knowing and got me a thoughtful wizard poke gift. Oh, and she got me 6 packs of BFZ and one pack had another Gideon in it. First one I've seen from a pack. It made me smile.

Ashodin

I got cards yo

12391243_1021053964600209_1755385593635862635_n.jpg

Wulfric

Out of all of those boxes, Tenth Edition is the most interesting. You might make your money back with Crucible of Worlds at rare. And Seedborn Muse is like an old school Prophet of Kruphix.

Try to not rip everything open at once. :p

Angry Grimace

Out of all of those boxes, Tenth Edition is the most interesting. You might make your money back with Crucible of Worlds at rare. And Seedborn Muse is like an old school Prophet of Kruphix.

Try to not rip everything open at once. :p
I mean, AVR isn't completely valueless from a constructed perspective with Cavern and the casual value of the Angels/miracle stuff.

Ashodin

I was disapponted with AVR. We opened only Bruna, Light of Alabaster. Everything else was mediocre

Dark Ascension was nutso tho, fuckin foil Huntmaster of the Fells brehs

Wulfric

You mean the two very cards I opened?

And who's money back? I didn't buy these :p

Well, all the better then! Free cards are best type of cards.

I mean, AVR isn't completely valueless from a constructed perspective with Cavern and the casual value of the Angels/miracle stuff.

I was thinking about it from a draft perspective. Give me a core set over triple AVR any day. Pulling a Cavern or Avacyn is just icing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What's an easy way to just dump some cards? I sorted out a few cards in the $1-$10 range and I just want to get them off my hands.

(Will probably recycle/toss the rest)

tch

What's an easy way to just dump some cards? I sorted out a few cards in the $1-$10 range and I just want to get them off my hands.

(Will probably recycle/toss the rest)

Do you use pucatrade?

I got rid of a BUNCH of old chaff that I used to turn into some staples

Wulfric

I can also vouch for Pucatrade. You essentially send cards to users for points, and you use those points to buy cards from others. I've turned small popular cards from prereleases into bigger cards like Voice of Resurgence and Noble Hierarch. You'll be on a waiting list for stuff like ABUR duals and fancy Judge promos though.

Haly

Do you use pucatrade?

I got rid of a BUNCH of old chaff that I used to turn into some staples

I can also vouch for Pucatrade. You essentially send cards to users for points, and you use those points to buy cards from others. I've turned small popular cards from prereleases into bigger cards like Voice of Resurgence and Noble Hierarch. You'll be on a waiting list for stuff like ABUR duals and fancy Judge promos though.

It sounds like a good deal for players but I'm looking to get out of cardboard entirely (wasn't ever really invested in it like most players here but still, the stuff is taking up space I'd rather have clear).

Wulfric

Oh, are you quitting or just switching to MTGO? Keep in mind most cards are at their lowest prices in midwinter. You might be better off waiting for next year's modern season when there's an uptick in prices.

I guess you could save up Pucapoints for a few expensive cards and then go ahead and sell those on eBay or something. That's a lot of hoops to jump through unfortunately.

If you already made a list of the good stuff, perhaps post it on Deckbox and link it on the Buy/Sell/Trade thread? You can avoid a lot of bad buyers and aren't selling your cards at buylist prices.

Haly

Oh, are you quitting or just switching to MTGO? Keep in mind most cards are at their lowest prices in midwinter. You might be better off waiting for next year's modern season when there's an uptick in prices.

Haven't played in a long time and I'm just doing some cleaning so I thought I'd get rid of them.

I'll look into Deckbox and the BST thread, thanks.

If I have Athreos out as a creature, and someone board wipes all creatures, can I choose the order in which my creatures leave the battlefield and make Athreos cease to be a creature before he would have to leave the battlefield?

Whoo finally stormed someone out on the vintage cube lol

the old frantic search seething song combo to play Yawgmoth's Bargain off one swamp and still win that turn lol

Probably the only time I've ever cast Dualcaster Mage in my life as well(targeting Brain Freeze).

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
If I have Athreos out as a creature, and someone board wipes all creatures, can I choose the order in which my creatures leave the battlefield and make Athreos cease to be a creature before he would have to leave the battlefield?

No, it happens all at the same time. But Atheros has indestructible. BSZ?

Yeef

No. but assuming all of the creatures go to the graveyard, Athreos's ability will still trigger for each.

Joe Molotov

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";190555982]I didn't know this happened.

tedx-2ynuv6.png
[/QUOTE]

Is he giving a talk about the health benefits of walking down stairs backwards?

Firemind

dat feeling when you break through huntmaster, thragtusk and primeval titan, with sulfuric vortex in play and one turn needed to close the game, and your opponent plays ulamog, crushing the vortex and gaining 5 life off dromoka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom