• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man drains 440,000 gallons from a reservoir to retrieve mobile phone dropped while taking a selfie

sono

"It took three days to pump millions of litres of water out of the dam, after Rajesh Vishwas dropped the device while taking a selfie.
By the time it was found, the phone was too water-logged to work."

The food inspector dropped his Samsung phone, worth about $1,200 (100,000 rupees), into Kherkatta Dam, in the central Indian state of Chhattisgarh, on Sunday.

..he paid for a diesel pump to be brought in, Mr Vishwas said in a video statement quoted in Indian media.

The pump ran for several days, emptying out roughly two million litres (440,000 gallons) of water - reportedly enough to irrigate 6 sq km (600 hectares) of farmland."

He has been suspended from his job

What length would you go to get your phone back?

Shit human being if he's going to these lengths to retrieve his phone. The information on the phone is suspect, based on his urgency.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Bp3fxDO.jpg

Lunarorbit

What a fucking moron. Hope he goes to jail. Why wouldn't he hire a diver?

Especially the way india/Pakistan is screwed in the near future for clean water this was unbelievable.

Once those glaciers that feed them water are gone they bigly in trouble

People in this thread don’t seem to have wrapped their head around the fact that he pumped out millions upon millions of litres of water. Imagine that. Where did he put the damn stuff and why did it not occur to him to hire a diving suit and explore instead?

Spaceman292

Banned
What a fucking moron. Hope he goes to jail. Why wouldn't he hire a diver?

Especially the way india/Pakistan is screwed in the near future for clean water this was unbelievable.

Once those glaciers that feed them water are gone they bigly in trouble
The water was probably dead brown and filled with human waste. It's India.

Soltype

I'll never understand why people place their phones in jeopardy to take pictures. I've seen it a couple times on the ferry at Disney, it's just dumb.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
I know selfies are popular all over the world. But I notice people in India love to post unremarkable, yet very serious selfies of themselves more than others. It always intrigued me. But I am someone who thinks taking photos of myself is a waste of time.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
The fact he even got as far as he did is fucking stupid.

Fire everyone.

Dumb fucking useless sack of human shit wasting such a precious resource that millions depend on to retrieve a fucking phone
I hope he gets jail time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom