• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Squirrel Girl to get her own graphic novel by Erica Henderson and Ryan North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

squirrel-girl-exclusive.jpg

Doreen Green has conquered school, Galactus, Doctor Doom, Thanos, and even an Asgardian squirrel god, but now she’s about to conquer what could possibly be her greatest adversary: herself. And she’s doing it all in her own original graphic novel. Announced today at the C2E2 Women of Marvel panel, the new story will be helmed by the series’ creative team of artist Erica Henderson and writer Ryan North and will feature a stand-alone adventure that both new and longtime fans can enjoy.

The story that North and Henderson are telling pits Squirrel Girl against a new and dangerous enemy: an evil duplicate created through a combination of computer and regular science. “The nice thing about Squirrel Girl is that she’s smart, and she looks for situations that don’t necessarily involve punching people all the time,” said North. “But she’s done all these really amazing things, like take down Thanos and Galactus and all these heavy hitters in the Marvel Universe. And what I think is going to be fun is if there was a version of Squirrel Girl that had all her powers, had her incredible strength and her squirrel ability… but without the restraint and the empathy. That would be a big problem,” he added with a laugh. “And it’ll be fun to see a Squirrel Girl that does punch first and ask questions later. That’s a hard person to stop, I think, but she’s a really powerful character.”

So powerful, she beats up the entire Marvel Universe, as reflected in the new art. “It’s a reference to the old Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe cover, but we also thought it would work on this. They’re not dead on this one, though,” teased Henderson. Details about the specifics of the graphic novel are being kept under wraps, but the creative team can tease one fun tidbit: Squirrel Girl and Iron Man, who have so far only interacted through a series of tweets and social media, will finally meet face-to-face.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/1...l?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

I love how popular Squirrel Girl has become and how well the book is doing at hitting different audiences. Where are all those people who said the comics would be cancelled in the first 5 issues?

Hagi

This is cool I haven't read her solo in a minute but it is super fun and I'm glad it exists. Will buy when this drops.

Knowing her solo book, it seems this will also have unfunny writing with ugly art. Squirrel Girl is a fun hero that deserves a better creative team.

Platy

This looks like the best thing EVER !

The only thing better if that was a full on civil war style event where EVERYONE IS CANONICALY BEATEN by squirrel girl xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom