• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miami Vice-- hurricanes, the perfectionism of Mann, and the shenanigans of Jamie Foxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solo said:
RUH ROH.

Latest rumor is that the big opening speed boat scene, which apparently was the best action scene in the movie, and was a real gem of a 15 minute scene, has been cut completely. Read this on another board, so I have no sources, so take it with a grain of salt.
Mann will reinstate it a mere TWO MINUTES before the final cut is made :D

Solo

It had better be in there in some form. That was the shot from the first teaser that I absolutely loved and latched onto.

Mifune

Mehmber
Solo said:
RUH ROH.

Latest rumor is that the big opening speed boat scene, which apparently was the best action scene in the movie, and was a real gem of a 15 minute scene, has been cut completely. Read this on another board, so I have no sources, so take it with a grain of salt.

It's been cut. Mann confirmed it in the big ol' press conference, the one where Jeffrey Wells acted like a douche.

Solo

GODDAMN.
Well, in Mann I trust, so this had better be justified. Did he give a reason? Presumably the film was already running too long. It had better be on the DVD, at least.

LM4sure

Banned
Beh. The movie doesn't need it. You know the movie will be good when they take out a scene like that! My interest is continuing to rise!!!!

Solo said:
GODDAMN.
Well, in Mann I trust, so this had better be justified. Did he give a reason? Presumably the film was already running too long. It had better be on the DVD, at least.
REASON? WE NEED MORE MOTHER****ING JAMIE FOXX IS THE REASON!

But seriously, I'd be surprised if it still didn't end up in the final cut. Mann is known for cutting like 30 versions of his films just weeks before release :D

siege

Banned
Solo said:
GODDAMN.

Yeah, it better.

Solo

According to IMDb, the film is 146 minutes long. So a good 2 hours and 20 minutes minus credits. Sounds like a healthy length already.

LM4sure

Banned
You would think the bastard would be a little humble after struggling for years prior to landing Collateral and Ray. I imagine he wasn't such a douchebag a few years ago, or why would Mann put up with his crap again?

Solo said:
According to IMDb, the film is 146 minutes long. So a good 2 hours and 20 minutes minus credits. Sounds like a healthy length already.
Well, considering the early press cuts were almost three hours in length, it seems Mann has been quite busy editing Vice...

LM4sure said:
You would think the bastard would be a little humble after struggling for years prior to landing Collateral and Ray. I imagine he wasn't such a douchebag a few years ago, or why would Mann put up with his crap again?
Apparently Foxx was still acting like a starstruck, nice-guy comedian back during the Collateral filming. Now he's become a bitchy diva. Go figure :/

Mifune

Mehmber
Solo said:
GODDAMN.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/vice.php

In his own words:

You always do it. I asked myself, way in the beginning, how should this story tell itself? And, one of the things that attracted me to 'Collateral,' by the way, was the fact that it was a really tight construction, and I always felt the ['Miami Vice'] story should be tight. You should be dropped into their lives and just taken away from it. [snip] So, consequently, I have to make a lot of really difficult, hard, heart-breaking decisions, sometimes, about material that is really great and that I really love, and people do fabulous work in. Unfortunately, I have to serve the greater good of the experience of the picture. So, the stuff will absolutely be on the DVD.

Solo

I foresee a rather lengthy set of deleted scenes on the DVD.

EDIT: Thanks for that Mifune. Mann is well spoken, and wins me over easily to his line of thinking, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom