• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Missouri Pays Millions to Bar Medicaid from Planned Parenthood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit like this is so fucking stupid I honestly don't care anymore. I hope republicans continue to destroy their states until they are all Fallout like wastelands.

zer0das

Banned
The state governments stayed in the Union, but they kept slaves and had delegates in the Confederate Congress. That's enough for me to consider them part of the Confederacy.

Yeah, because a government that had no legal authority, legitimacy, or actual power represented the entire state. Over a hundred thousand Missourians fought for the Union, less than a third that the Confederacy. But some sham government makes it dixieland.

devilhawk

How can so many people be so fucking stupid and so fucking cruel?
They wholeheartedly believe abortion is cruel. Thinking abortion is cruel is not an invalid opinion, even if you don't share it. I'll agree with you if you are saying their methods to legislate it is stupid and cruel though.

Most Americans appear to be on-board with marriage equality and are shifting towards advocating for better LGBT rights. Nonsense "religious liberty" laws by a certain group are just desperation. The abortion debate is much more divisive and brings down everything related to woman's reproductive health with it.

Fair enough, but I'd like to point out that the same people who are pushing these bullshit abortion laws are the same people who are and have been pushing these antigay laws for as long as they have been doing this dog and pony trick. I think that with Gov. McCrory, he had overstepped his bounds without putting any forethought into the possible blowback. This was about him sucking up to the religious right by giving them an election year love letter in the form of this bathroom bill, but doing so without offending a sizeable portion of his state.

I've always felt that these anti-abortion laws -- whether they be TRAP laws, parental notification laws, mandatory transvaginal ultrasound probes, etc. has always been about election year platitudes to the religious right without being offensive enough to galvanize a portion of the voting population against them. The polls cited indicate that that this issue divisively splits the American population down to very close numbers, but alot of these polls don't offer some of the more tangible followup questions like whether women who have abortions should be held legally accountable. I think that's an important question, and it's one that mainstream GOP lawmakers typically avoid like the plague. If abortion is murder, then those who play a role in committing an abortion should be prosecuted.

I remember back in 2004 how republicans in the media pinned the issue of gay rights on entire progressive movement at large because it was, at the time, a very thorny issue to tackle because the demographics for change wasn't there. I remember when "gay marriage" was supposed to be the ridiculous logical conclusion that progressives were supposed to embrace for perpetuity. I think it's only fair that social conservatives in turn hold true to their dogma as well. If abortion is murder,the logical conclusion should be that every woman who seeks out and obtains one be held equally accountable under the law, and that every voter in an election year -- presidential or midterm -- be made aware of their intent. If they're so confident in their moral certainty that they are right, it should not even be an issue. But they know that if they took this stance and screamed it from the rooftops for everyone to hear they wouldn't have a lick of credibility with the vast majority of voters in America. So they instead go with these bullshit regulations like the ones I've mentioned above.

I compare HB2 with alot of these antiabortion bills. The LGBT community wasn't buying this shit, and it seems enough people -- gay and straight alike -- have raised enough ruckus to put its passage in doubt. It's very encouraging news for the gay community, and I tip my hat to them for their tenacity. I just wish everyone could be as tenacious on the issues that affect them. If enough people stood loud and against these antiabortion bills as the gays do for bills like HB2, I don't think these antichoice politicians would have a leg to stand on.

mclem

fQ9t7Se.png

Interesting that Moderates Conservatives are more in favour than Moderate Liberals. I guess that's in part because this is a wedge issue, so it's the sort of thing that tips people over?

Moderate republicans sounds like Barry Goldwater republicans. Barry Goldwater never had any love for the likes of Jerry Falwell and his ilk. Also, moderate republicans tend to be fiscally conservative -- at least in terms of how they self identified in the 1990's. Today's libertarians seem more inclined with siding with social conservatives if it happens to align with their economic agenda. Rand Paul springs to mind, at least for me.

Mr Swine

Banned
Do republicans care so much for the fetus that they are willing to let the mothers die because of illness or other stuff if they cannot have any abortion or the baby is born into poverty?

Kimawolf

This is what i mean. Both major cities in MO are liberal. But the surrounding small ass towns are heavily conservative. If only we could separate from them.

pgtl_10

I can see now why the state lost it's NFL team.

Most health insurance companies have a pretty quick process to add non participating doctors to their networks as long as that Doctor is willing to accept the rates or both parties agree to reasonable terms. This is pretty transparent to the patient. They even do single case agreements.

Kansas City Chiefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom