• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker’s Terra Battle will cease function June 30th, 2020

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
1-EA52-E92-EED0-4962-8-C57-226-E877-F565-D.jpg

Mistwalker’s smartphone RPG Terra Battle had quite the run since launching in October 2014, but its journey is coming to an end on June 30, 2020. Mistwalker shared a notice of termination with the details and a thank you message for the fans for playing all these years.

Terra Battle will terminate service on June 30, 2020 at 0:00 UTC. The game’s in-game “Energy” currency is no longer available for purchase, but those who still have any will get to use it until the game’s service termination. Keep in mind that support related to data transfer and recovery of game data will also terminate on June 15, 2020 at 14:59 UTC. In addition to the Terra Battle game service termination on June 30, all user support will also close on the same day.

I don’t know if it was shared already. It’s kinda sad, as this was one of the better F2P mobile games on the market. I spent real money on it a couple times. Terra Battle 2 was shut down back in September 2018. It didn’t do well financially and it changed some of great formula of Terra Battle. It was easy to see the success of Terra Battle. It had great music, fun, quick gameplay, and simple items like energy to boost with real money. Obtaining new characters and swapping them out. I just wish there could have been an offline or at least a non-server based version of Terra Battle. What could be next for Mistwalker? I can’t imagine no one in the industry supporting Sakaguchi.

Reactions: Dis

Fbh

One of the few mobile games I'd have checked out but In 6 years they never bothered to release it in my region so I can't say I care

still love you Skaguchi

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm still waiting for console version they promised, I did played it on my mobile and I did really like the core combat system.

What attracted me to this game first is that the main character designer is the same one who also designed characters in Drakengard 3.
d3p_artwork_1391603335.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

The gooch is one of my favorite people in game development, and Terra Battle was a fun little time waster with great art and music. Shame that Terra Battle 2 tanked so bad. I got to witness it in real time, never saw a game fail so hard, so quickly.

Anyways, I quit playing this years ago, but I had fun with it for a time. Hope he gets back into console stuff soon.

kunonabi

I loved The Last Story but being on mobile killed any interest I had in Terra Battle.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
1-EA52-E92-EED0-4962-8-C57-226-E877-F565-D.jpg

I don’t know if it was shared already. It’s kinda sad, as this was one of the better F2P mobile games on the market. I spent real money on it a couple times. Terra Battle 2 was shut down back in September 2018. It didn’t do well financially and it changed some of great formula of Terra Battle. It was easy to see the success of Terra Battle. It had great music, fun, quick gameplay, and simple items like energy to boost with real money. Obtaining new characters and swapping them out. I just wish there could have been an offline or at least a non-server based version of Terra Battle. What could be next for Mistwalker? I can’t imagine no one in the industry supporting Sakaguchi.

Welp
Go to the next

Top Bottom