• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobilegamer.biz: Inside Apple Arcade: axed games, declining payouts, disillusioned studios – and an uncertain future

Fbh

It would have been interesting to see how something like Apple arcade would have turned out like 10 years ago.
I don't think the idea itself is bad, but the audience is probably limited. Regular mobile players have no interest in games that aren't F2P and people who are into "normal" games just aren't looking to play them on their phone.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
10 years? So in the year 2034 dedicated video game machines will be gone? You do know people said this exact same thing in 2013 too right? Now look where we are....
Anyone who said that was just pulling figures out of their butts. Clearly we are getting to that point in the next 10-15 years.
20200309_1.jpg

However, in the next 10-15 years, we will see it. Nodes are getting smaller and therefore, more efficient (I understand that the naming scheme is bull). Eventually, we'll get there.

Just like cloud gaming. People keep talking about it, but the reality is that the infrastructure is not there yet for it to be viable for most people, and I doubt we'll see that in the next 10-15 years.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
AppleTV has some excellent original series and films and it's less than 5 years old (already won an Academy Award).

The guys at Apple know entertainment and aren't just about services or Office software. They have taste and will curate their content very well.

Very true, but so did Sony with TLOU TV show. Both companies are really good at being creative when it's time to be.

Anyone who said that was just pulling figures out of their butts. Clearly we are getting to that point in the next 10-15 years.
20200309_1.jpg

However, in the next 10-15 years, we will see it. Nodes are getting smaller and therefore, more efficient (I understand that the naming scheme is bull). Eventually, we'll get there.

Just like cloud gaming. People keep talking about it, but the reality is that the infrastructure is not there yet for it to be viable for most people, and I doubt we'll see that in the next 10-15 years.

Yep the nodes are getting smaller. But I thought the next trend would be stacking these chips on top of each other to achieve even higher levels of power without adding too much extra heat. Aren't we all expecting the next PS6 to have GDDR Ram that's stacked? Isn't that how we could potentially be getting 64 GBs of RAM in the PS6?

CobraAB

People would rather pay $70 for a single game then pay $7 a month for access to several hundred games a month,

Top Bottom