• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Pirate Interview in Africa

This is not a clickbait and is real. I have never seen such a crazy interview where an American individual goes to Africa into the pirate's den and has a full on conversation. The pirate leader acts both passively aggressive and polite and respectful at the same time. What sane person would go out and try to have an interview like this? The dude literally tells him "we kidnap people like you" very interesting video and crazy on so many levels

It's sad what goes in those countries. Because these people don't get employeed they are forced into doing very bad things to survive. I do not believe that is an excuse to kidnap and kill people but at same time it's hard not to feel bad for them. Very weird and awkward situation.

This is the most real Far Cry in real life I've ever seen. Imagine having a gun pointed you at you while you are doing an interview..

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
The only reason these “pirates” are alive is because they’re making money for the Cartels. I feel sorry for them. Abandoned by their government. Uneducated. No chance of work. Guys like these are easy prey for the real gangsters.

The only reason these “pirates” are alive is because they’re making money for the Cartels. I feel sorry for them. Abandoned by their government. Uneducated. No chance of work. Guys like these are easy prey for the real gangsters.
Ehh it's hard to feel sorry for someone that also has to kill and kidnap innocents. But I get what your saying. It's a complicated situation.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I saw this a few weeks ago. It is complicated as you said Elder Legend Elder Legend . Well never know what it’s like to be that poor with zero access to modern medicine and technology. People do crazy things when they’re desperate and have nothing to lose. Doesn’t help that theyre tweaking on coke and eating monkeys.

Kilau

giphy.gif

Futaleufu

I saw a similar documentary about a french reporter going to Nigeria and Somalia. The conclusion is that the governments of those countries are colluded with their local pirates.

Raven117

The amount of shit that goes on in other parts of the world is truly dark.

The west, while flawed, has attempted to rise above this… other parts of the world seem to relish it.

Reactions: Dis

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The amount of shit that goes on in other parts of the world is truly dark.

The west, while flawed, has attempted to rise above this… other parts of the world seem to relish it.
It's called being civilized, then again it's easy for us to be civilized when we all live in rich nations that abide by the rule of law

Winter John

Gold Member
Ehh it's hard to feel sorry for someone that also has to kill and kidnap innocents. But I get what your saying. It's a complicated situation.

Yeah. I feel kind of sorry for them because they're backwards morons. Magic curtains. Evil spirits. What? Someone is making a lot of money off those bozos

Raven117

It's called being civilized, then again it's easy for us to be civilized when we all live in rich nations that abide by the rule of law
Exactly. And just as importantly, we all “believe” in the rule of law. It’s not just that we live in these nations. It’s that we continue to fundamentally believe in the concepts that founded our nations

BlackTron

The dude said that he's only lost one man in combat his entire career, yet in contrast has killed his own men more times than he can count.

Doesn't appear to me like they have very much choice to be there, they are used as a resource

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
The pirates drink gin and cocaine cocktails to ward off evil spirits. I wonder if the evil spirits are depression/anxiety/negative emotions because that combo would be pretty effective at abating those.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The pirates drink gin and cocaine cocktails to ward off evil spirits. I wonder if the evil spirits are depression/anxiety/negative emotions because that combo would be pretty effective at abating those.
These are kids raised in a hell hole with no education and living in a cycle of fear and unimaginable violence, as adults they are beyond broken and will believe anything told to them as handed an AK. Sierra Leone was riddled with these sort of gangs before the British Army wiped them out, there's a fantastic book out about this particular operation

Hudo

Disappointed that the didn't ask them about whether they think the 2004 remake of Sid Meier's Pirates! is better or worse than the original.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
things-fall-apart-looking-back-at-resident-evil-5-1467628587088.jpg

A very mean spirited joke, but it's just a joke people. I, of course know that these pirates don't represent the vast African diaspora. Don't ban meeee!

Top Bottom