• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Boy Q&A - What is Monster Boy?

Skeletos311

I know people get this mixed up with Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap, so here's a blog from the developer to help you out.

Full blog post - http://monsterboy.com/blog/index.php?/archives/21-Monster-Boy-QA-What-is-Monster-Boy.html

JPjQNIi.jpg

Is Monster Boy a remake or an all new game ?
Monster Boy is an all new game based on the Wonder Boy in Monster World series. You'll explore 'Monster World Kingdom' that contains various references to Monster World II-IV but in its core offers a completely fresh experience.

Does it play like the old games?
We updated the core mechanics to offer a more dynamic and modern experience but this doesn't mean we made it more complicated to play. Fans of the classic series will feel at home but enjoy increased pacing and a wider range of combat moves, level and puzzle designs. You'll even be able to turn whole rooms upside down and shake them up for some puzzle solving.

Is this an official successor ?
Yes, Monster Boy is an official successor in the series. We cooperate with the original series creator Ryuichi Nishizawa (former WESTONE) and licensed all assets from LAT corporation. Monster Boy continues the tradition of the last two Genesis games which offered a wide range of locations, many NPCs to help and various puzzles to solve. You'll even meet Pepelogoo!

WHEN ???
We can't believe that we already spent 3 years on making the game. Time goes by so fast! When we started the project, we imagined a very small action adventure to enjoy in between other games. Now it became a huge game with a high variety of gameplay, locations and features. We will announce the release date at a later point. Please know that every delay means you get a better game, because we tirelessly work on improving it.

Clive

Stoked for this. I still remember the Christmas as a kid when I wished for Wonder Boy in Monster World for the Genesis and got it. One of the games that I enjoyed the most in my childhood.

garion333

Neo Member
I know people get this mixed up with Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap, so here's a blog from the developer to help you out.

Confusion over Wonder Boy games is par for the course with the series, eh? Makes the Final Fantasy II/IV confusion from yesteryear quaint by comparison.

Is this seriously coming out around the same time as the Wonder Boy in The Dragon's Trap remake? lol. Let the confusion begin! This will especially suck if one of them is terrible and the other one is great.

Skeletos311

Is this seriously coming out around the same time as the Wonder Boy in The Dragon's Trap remake? lol. Let the confusion begin! This will especially suck if one of them is terrible and the other one is great.

It reminds of when Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was coming out and everyone thought it was Half Genie Hero. Except these game look totally different and have different names.

Delstius

The remake look so faithfull to the original that it's almost assured to be great. As for Monster Boy most early impressions were quite positives.

Top Bottom