• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Montreal-Age |OT| No Mayor, No Water, No Metro: No Problem!

Was trying to make a snide comment that the plateau doesn't have the best of something, but I missed the mark clearly haha.

Well, I live on the Plateau so... Challenge accepted:

...We have the best 'croissant' in town (Les Copains d'abord), one of the best place to go see music (Le Belmont), and the best american brunch/lunch (Beauties) :D

Minus_Me

Well, I live on the Plateau so... Challenge accepted:

...We have the best 'croissant' in town (Les Copains d'abord), one of the best place to go see music (Le Belmont), and the best american brunch/lunch (Beauties) :D

Yep fun part of town, lived there briefly back in my twenties.

As for strip clubs, clubs downtown won't run you more then 10 bucks to get in, and around 10 bucks with tip for a drink. The difference in price comes from the private dances. If I'm not mistaken the only places downtown that are still 10 bucks a dance are Downtown Club, Grand Prix, and Chez Parée. This changes though so just ask the bouncer before going in.

Bumping an old thread, but my wife and I are going to be in Montreal this July for our 10th wedding anniversary. Rented an AirBNB place in Plateau and just looking for cool stuff to check out. Aside from Au Pied De Cochon, I've also been told to go to Joe Beef and Da Emma. I'm a craft beer fan so I've been doing my own research on that, but local favorites would be appreciated. Any other suggestions? Goals of the trip are walking around, eating, drinking, etc.

Heading up to Montreal (and then Quebec City) on Thursday. Made reservations at Liverpool House and Au Pied de Cochon and gonna hit up a bunch of craft beer bars. Any cool local suggestions of things to check out? We'll be staying in Plateau.

Foffy

Banned
Having no water really would stop a lot of problems, like entering a shower unwelcomed.

No water, no problem, indeed.

Top Bottom