• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More trash in Limited run games... Aero the Acro-Bat 2 hits the platform

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Along with Alien vs Predator, it is without a doubt one of the worst games I have ever played on Snes...

I hate it!!!

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just curious, when LRG does these releases is it based on gamer surveys or polls? So they look into doing releases for retro games that gamers are begging for?

Is Aero The Acrobat that in demand?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Just curious, when LRG does these releases is it based on gamer surveys or polls? So they look into doing releases for retro games that gamers are begging for?

They developed a tool to get these games running quickly, and I am sure it appeals to "collectors", some subset of people are going to want to buy everything they put out.

Sojiro

Along with Alien vs Predator, it is without a doubt one of the worst games I have ever played on Snes...

I hate it!!!

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮

If that is one of the worst SNES games than you haven't been down the shit hole on the system lol. I remember this game being average, it wasnt the worst, but not that great either. I guess this is for the SNES/Genesis collectors looking to complete a collection and not pay the ridiculous price this game is going for on eBay? I don't know, I can't imagine that many people are really wanting this.

ManaByte

Gold Member
dumb and dumber GIF

Milking collectors is as simple as throwing darts at GameFaqs and licensing whatever shit game it lands on. If I were them I'd be combing through licensing agreements from the 90s and getting the rights to whatever trash I could for the cheapest.

Gotta remember, no matter how bad a game was there were are people who will look back fondly on it because as kids in the 80s/90s they played it for months straight because it was the only game their parents bought them.

Why do you think the N64 has so much nostalgia currently? :messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_smiling_horns:

Milking collectors is as simple as throwing darts at GameFaqs and licensing whatever shit game it lands on. If I were them I'd be combing through licensing agreements from the 90s and getting the rights to whatever trash I could for the cheapest.

Gotta remember, no matter how bad a game was there were are people who will look back fondly on it because as kids in the 80s/90s they played it for months straight because it was the only game their parents bought them.

Why do you think the N64 has so much nostalgia currently? :messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_smiling_horns:

I'm a collector, but of good games. The tear LRG is on with outputting trash after trash is astonishing. There is no way they can be making money on all these.

peronmls

Did they ever do any similar releases for bigger titles like Jak and Daxter? It’s the only time I have heard of them.

Ozzie666

It didn't feel exactly limited back in the day, Area was everywhere with many copies on store shelves. I'm not sure why they would pick this one?
I hardly thinking anyone cares about Areo. I think Zero was a better game.

Hudo

I dunno, my only experience with LRG was with the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection physical version. And that went all well. No delays, no nothing. But maybe that was because EA were leading and overseeing the project.

Drell

I have memories of it being a cool game when I was a kid. Hard but cool. I know kids aren't the best to judge the quality of a game but they also have a certain legitimacy regarding the pure fun value of a game IMO.

Also if I had to judge it now, I'd say there's definitly worse games on that console like Aaaaah Real Monster.

Top Bottom