• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiversus Return Announcement is Imminent

Tsaki

NSFW tag..... OH I get it

EO7zYkF.jpg

FeralEcho

How long until we get the Multiversus is dead again announcement?

I give it 6 months, it's WB afterall,the masters of live service games.

Better yet...place your bets on which dies first,this or Suicide Squad?

Some thoughts I had about the game, and what needs to be fixed:

I think the biggest mistake they made was trying to go for the EVO crowd and the party game fighter crowd at the same time. Cooldown timers in a platform fighter? Ugly red vs blue character shaders on by default? Making people fight in teams instead of FFA with their freinds? Limiting on screen characters to four? Taking forever to release bland new stages without many differences to how all the other stages played? Actually, now that I type all that out, I think their biggest mistake might have been IGNORING the party game fighter crowd. And from a game design perspective, I REALLY hate when a cooldown on character means they do NOTHING when you hit a button hoping to attack. All characters with cooldowns should have weaker modified moves.

There was a lot of good in this game, but it came with a lot of missteps as well.

The battlepass was very underwhelming as well. The progression system in general wasn't very good. I'll be interested to see if anything from this list has actually been addressed.

Last edited:
My sons' happy meal we got this past Sunday had Multiversus branding and toys so I figured it was coming back this month at some point. Marketing is kicking into high gear

Bridges

I rarely spend money on free to play games, but I really enjoyed this one and ended up dropping a chunk of change

Then they took it away from me so.... I'm glad to be getting what I paid for back at least

How long until we get the Multiversus is dead again announcement?

I give it 6 months, it's WB afterall,the masters of live service games.

Better yet...place your bets on which dies first,this or Suicide Squad?
6 months? How generous of you!
I give it less, especially with a big lineup heading into summer.

Top Bottom