• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murder On the Orient Express |OT| This train stops for no one

Kimawolf

images

Release date: November 10, 2017 (USA), Early Screening Nov 9th, 2017
Director: Kenneth Branagh
Screenplay: Michael Green
Producers: Kenneth Branagh, Ridley Scott, Simon Kinberg, Mark Gordon, Aditya Sood, Michael Schaefer, Judy Hofflund
Production companies: 20th Century Fox, Scott Free Productions, Genre Films
Based on Prior Work?: Yes- Agatha Christie novel
Synopsis:
A lavish trip through Europe quickly unfolds into a race against time to solve a murder aboard a train. Everyone's a
suspect when Detective Hercule Poirot arrives to interrogate all passengers and search for clues before the killer can strike again.

Murder-on-the-Orient-Express-2017-cast-murder-on-the-orient-express-40542009-1144-722.jpg

Reviews:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/murder_on_the_orient_express_2017/ Rotten Tomatoes 66%

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...ient-express-is-fast-train-to-nowhere-w511177 Rollingstone 2.5 Stars
Kenneth Branagh is a theater man at heart. So his spanking new version of the 1934 Dame Agatha Christie chestnut Murder on the Orient Express – Branagh directs and stars as world-famous Belgian detective Hercule Poirot – feels more like an all-star, theatrically confined stage piece than something freshly reimagined for the screen. Its delights, including dazzling production design and period costumers, are decidedly retro, as is the plot: A man is murdered on the Orient Express. Poirot must interrogates a dozen strangers on the train, each a suspect in the bloody homicide.
Murder-on-the-Orient-Express-intl-poster-featured.jpg

PH6k8VKU6PvWa9_1_l.jpg

DiscoJer

Is it me or does it give off a Clue (the movie) vibe?

One of the things about Agatha Christie novels is they can be very funny at times (the Poirot ones anyway), but this looks campy.

Certinty

I thought it was okay. Though it was quite predictable and a lot of things didn't really add up. Decent watch.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’m going to go and see this tomorrow. Was really looking forward to it, but the one review I read was a bit meh.

mario_O

Can't say I'm excited to watch this, we all know the ending. I've seen the original movie many times.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Looks like a good matinee pic. Was listening to Double Toasted talk about it last night, sounds like my kinda movie.

womfalcs3

Banned
I was surprised by
Depp's short appearance, given his stature and his prominence in ads. I thought he'd have more time on-screen.

I don’t think the role of Hercule Poirot can be done without David Suchet. He has studied and mimicked the character from the books to a tee

Aaron

Without saying what it is, can someone who has seen it say if they’ve changed the ending from the book. I’m curious since the previous movie version made a small change, and from the trailer I’m kind of expecting a bigger one. But I love the book too much not to see this movie regardless.

Top Bottom