• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MVP NCAA *which version will you get?*

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
With the lack of any info on the xbox version being BC and with the 360 having issues playing some games that are BC already,im leaning towards buying the PS2 version.

I just want a head count to see which version everyone is getting for online play.The game comes out in like 9 days and we have no new solid info the the xbox version working on 360.

Fifty

9 days? Jesus.....I'm playing enough NBA in my free time as is. I'll get it, but not right away..and probably for the PS2 because of shaky BC, even if it is, which I doubt. With the Jays having improved so much I'm really psyched to use them, more so than playing the same game I played last year with college players and a swing gimmick. Anyway, I'll probably get it, I'm just bitching.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty,do you even have a college team you root for thats in the game? :p

PS2 -

matrix
Fifty
DM

Fifty

Matrix said:
Fifty,do you even have a college team you root for thats in the game? :p

PS2 -

matrix
Fifty

Of course not. I don't give a flying fuck about college baseball, but I love baseball, and 2k's game was so so so terrible. I work with the cards I'm dealt. Still, can't say I'm excited about getting this so soon.

Matrix

Truelize said:
How is it even possible that baseball games are coming out already?? It's freakin January.

College baseball starts early Feb.

Yea Dm you have fallen prey to the ps2 version,we are in the house that Mig built now.

I feel your pain Fifty,I really do :( I guess I'm in the mood to play baseball because I have no football game to play and playing 2k6 every other day is getting old,since I did already own it once on xbox before the 360 verison.I also happen to be a fan of the Cougars and UT...lucky me,both top college baseball teams.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
You guys honestly think this game wont suck ass online? :lol

Well MVP didnt suck ass online for Fifty and I :) Games against DM had lag but it was still playable.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm definitely getting it for Xbox but I could get it for PS2 also if a lot of people here go that route. I want to play online because this is the first chance I'll ever have to use Ole Miss as one of the best teams in a game. The rosters are based on last year and we were really good.

Fifty you should use Ole Miss because our real stadium is in the game the Jays drafted two players that will still be in the game since they're using last year's rosters.

Matrix

Got my copy for PS2...cant try it yet cause my nephew is over :( Hopefully he will fall asleep soon.

Damn I feel for dads who play videogames who have children :lol

*salutes Slo*

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Got my copy for PS2...cant try it yet cause my nephew is over :( Hopefully he will fall asleep soon.

Damn I feel for dads who play videogames who have children :lol

*salutes Slo*

The first thing you do is play online!

Matrix

DMczaf said:
The first thing you do is play online!

Yes sir....master.

Matrix

Ncaa fucking rocks :D I <3 the ding!

Ok first I suck ass so far with with the load and fire batting system,but with practice I'm sure I'll get better.Classic can still be used and it is of course still great.As for fielding,I'm actually pretty decent throwing with the analog stick to each base,but its pretty senstive,if you push the stick too hard and the meter is fully red,it can result in errors,but I believe again with practice you can get better and like the vision cone in madden,people will grow to like batting and throwing with the analog stick.Again like batting,you can use classic fielding and people have complained of a slight delay sometimes when turning plays in classic,I havent seen it so far :\ Feels like MVP 05 to me.

I love the reverse view for pitching in ncaa,it gives you a great view of the strikezone and the strikzone is not as huge as MVP 05,get ready to have to learn how to really pitch.Also the use of your bullpen is a must,starting pitchers on teams like my Houston Cougars average a solid 5 innings,better pitchers can go longer,but this isnt MVP where you can ride a starting pitcher for 14 innings :lol

Ive seen some new animations in the game,from OF's using two hands to catch the ball,also sometimes shielding their eyes from the sun with one hand to catch the ball.Infielders have some new throws from their knees.Catchers now throw the ball back to the pitcher,umpires throw the ball back to the pitcher after foul balls.I have only played like 6 games,so I'm sure I havent seen all the new stuff.

After you hit a hr,your team congrats you once you hit homeplate,thats a nice college feel.Like other people have mentioned,they really need to work on the whole college atmosphere,we need school chants,mascots,something to bring the stadium alive more.One cool thing is that I started a game during the afternoon and the sun slowly went down and they turned on the stadium lights when it became night.One game I had a little rain,ive read that games can get rained out.

The epsn ticker /radio is just flat out awesome,cool shit.

Playing on the PS2,I just like to say I hate loading :( Playing the 360 so much and shit even the old xbox,made me forget how crappy loading is on PS2.I'm also used to the xbox controllers,so I got to get used to the dual shocks again.One thing that sweet is that from the start if you are connected to the internet you can have something called silent load where as soon as you stick the game in you're always online,sorta like xbox live,but it's Ea nation online.

As for online play....played 2 games...NO LAG!...I lost both :( Also you can choose to play 5/7/9 innings in ranked games now,you can choose to use classic batting/fielding *but thats on unranked*Ranked games are always the new analog stuff.I didnt check it all out,but they give you better options than MVP 05 did.

I was just happy to be playing someone other than Fifty and not having lag affect my play. I'm going to play some more games online,I'm hoping these two games were not flukes.

If you are a fan of baseball in general,buy this f-ing game! The price makes this game feel like a steal.Fuck the reviewers ,this game is better than 05 or atleast as good,aslong as you can get over not playing with major league teams I see no reason to pass it up.

If you buy it and dont like it and blame me..kiss my @ss :)

edit- Just finished my 3rd online game...NO LAG :) Lost again :( I cant hit for shit,I havent scored a run in 3 games and everyone picks top 5 teams when they see me pick 90 ranked Houston.

Matrix

Ok I have now played 6 games online,5 had no lag,one had just a little.

People that are playing are fucking assholes.I pick my Cougars and again I dont care if people pick top teams,but two straight games I have had people stop in the middle of the game and type up "why do I mix in some balls instead of throwing strikes straight down the middle of the plate each pitch" Ummmm wtf....

Yea I'm just going to toss fat pitches to top ranked teams.Whats funny is that both these two people were throwing the ball all over the place.It annoys me when its ok for them to do it but if I throw one or two pitches out of the strike zone its OHMGWHATZEFUCK YOU CHEATER I DONT WANT TO LOSE TO THE HOUSTON COUGARS THROW MESTRIKES"

0-6 against top ranked teams..cougars are the shit!

Played a game with Rice,I lost,but I finally scored :lol I suck.

Matrix

10 total games played now,only 1 had a little lag.

I'm 2-8 with the Cougars :( I did hit my first hr in my last game,10 games in :lol Playing with analog is so different than MVP 05.

Matrix

Man first EA baseball game with like no lag online and none of you biznatchs own it yet :(

Matrix

Fifty said:
Even if we did have it, we'd be watching the playoffs like real sports fans.

:lol

I got the football game on,its not like I'm playing the game now.

Matrix

Mig you get your copy yet? Anyone out there?!!! :(

i got it, but god does it look terrible after playing the 360 for a couple months

anyways, batting takes awhile to get used to. i feel like im hitting much better with lefties, and im having way too many pop ups. should i cahrge back during the wind up, or as soon as the ball is released. seems alot of my hits are oppo field

Matrix

truffleshuffle83 said:
i got it, but god does it look terrible after playing the 360 for a couple months

anyways, batting takes awhile to get used to. i feel like im hitting much better with lefties, and im having way too many pop ups. should i cahrge back during the wind up, or as soon as the ball is released. seems alot of my hits are oppo field

Of course it looks worse,EA should have made this for 360 :(

I hit better with lefties too so far,but I think that has to do with playing with the Houston Cougars,since my best hitters are lefties.

I usually push back on the analog stick as the ball is released.I also make sure I see what the hitter is better at against the pitcher,if I see he's better at contact I will press the right trigger button and hold it before the pitch is thrown and then as soon is its released I hold down the right thumbstick gently down and push foward as the ball crosses the plate...its all about timing in this game.I suck ass with the Cougars at hitting,but I noticed as soon as I play with a better team I have more success.Its not like MVP 05 where you can hit great with bad teams.

Great news DM,hopefully we have no lag and you can see how shitty I am at this game :( I would like to play a couple of unranked games against you too,so we can play with the classic hitting and fielding.Hopefully Mig got his copy too.

Miguel

I did! :)

tmac.jpg

Tmac has 4 years of eligibility left!

Matrix

Sweet,so Mig when you want to play online?

You can have the Cougars! :( I <3 Rice....must represent Fat Elvis.

Matrix

Miguel said:
After 11:30 central. I don't get home til around then.

Ok cool,what is your EA name? so I can send you a friend request.

Matrix

Dm and I basically had a lag free game :D We never had that in MVP 05.

Top Bottom