• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT7| Make friends, then kill them (SIGNUPS OPEN, NEW PLAYERS WELCOME)

Sorian

Banned
Can you speak to the level of play that's required at Mafia Universe for us? Just so people have an idea what they may be getting into.

You're required 10 posts a day (real life 24 hour days) but I was regularly coming back to the threads after only being gone for 3 hours and coming into 5+ new pages (50ppp). I'd very much recommend only playing if you know you can stay up to speed with the threads throughout the day and not just check in once or twice a day. The trade off is the games are usually quick, lasting only a week/week and a half. There is no downtime as night phases are usually only 12 hours.

Sorian

Banned
People are also huge on meta so if you think I meta game too much, it may not be the place for you. I barely scratch the surface of meta gaming for them.

Ty4on

This might stir some noise.

I've been made aware that Mafia Universe is working on their yearly Mafia Championship Invitational. They have a list of communities in their setup thread, and we're on it, so I would guess that we'll be receiving another invitation.
Last year, we had players volunteer themselves as potential tributes, and then we held a vote. I am thinking we'll probably do the same this year.

Be warned - Mafia Universe is a much more serious group of players than we are, and the level of activity on overall play required is much, much higher than we expect. If you want to go, you might bring glory back to Gafia, but you will have to work for it.

Like I said, we haven't gotten an invite yet, but be thinking about it, and I'll let you know if/when I hear something.

Any update on this? The first game is April 24th and NeoGAF is on their list of invited communities.

Burbeting

Banned
Who wants fame? Fortune? Well not money...

You can now show your skills in making banners! My mafia game is in a dire need of a banner... soon.

Anime Mafia, that is :p.

RetroMG

Any update on this? The first game is April 24th and NeoGAF is on their list of invited communities.

Yes! Yesterday, I recieved the following message:

Hi Retro

Hope you're doing well :)

I was very stoked to have NeoGAF be part of the tournament last year, so I was hoping you might once again be willing to present the Mafia Championship invitation (for season 4) to your community on my behalf? I'll of course pop into the thread and answer any questions and such.

The invitation: docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

NEOGAF MAFIA HAS ONCE AGAIN BEEN ASKED TO SEND A PLAYER TO THE MAFIA UNIVERSE INVITATIONAL MAFIA TOURNAMENT.

If you would like to nominate yourself for entry, please PM me within the next 72 hours.

red_1492110000.png

You may not nominate another person. This is a big commitment, so only those who are serious about it should apply.

After the nominations have been held, a vote will go up on Outer Gafia to determine who the actual player will be.

The Season 8 thread should be ready by the end of the day. This message will also be posted in that thread once it is up.

RetroMG

Question from the peanut gallery:

What is the MAFIA UNIVERSE INVITATIONAL MAFIA TOURNAMENT?

Answer:

Mafia Universe, (a very big site for online mafia games,) holds a yearly tournament with representatives from several communities such as ours. Last year, Sorian was our tribute, and he came away with 4th place in the entire tournament. This year, Sorian is one of the judges, and we have been invited to send a new player to bring home glory to Gafia.

This player will obviously not be able to take part in season 8 games, but they will be guaranteed a spot in the game of their choosing once they are done with the tournament.

Top Bottom