• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogafs 100% stress-free reggae refuge

QSD

Unfortunately Lee Perry, one of the all time greats and innovators of dub passed away on the 29th.

Here's a track to honor him (although there are multiple tracks already in the thread)

R.I.P. Upsetter!

Toots

Gold Member
EMERGENCY BUMP !

I posted some Peter Tosh in another thread and i felt the reggae urge as I should :)

Political unrest everywhere, rioting, communities clashing against each other make me want to slap some headphones on everyone and make them listen to tribute to the martyr to educate them a bit... Biko died in jail while "activist" nowdays fight the power from their iphones :messenger_downcast_sweat:

(one of the best live in my opinion, and Dread harlequin attire makes me think of a certain flamboyant singer i love
VKPl8Dn.jpg
)

Now onto more digital tings

Political Dancehall is good too

Not political Dancehall is good also

Some french (well francophone at least) reggae, we have so much good stuff (a lot of horrible stuff too unfortunately)

(RIP Tonton. You made a lot of people feel good with your music, thank you have your well deserved rest)

I'll finish with a bit of a brag :) can you believe i went to highschool with Biga, I sometimes come across him in our beautiful city of Tours and we talk about his concerts and stuff. Its always crazy to see how much he grew as an artist. Go have a listen to him if you don't already know he's so good.

Sorry for the long post but i&i affi do it to dem
PGeOcaR.jpg

Jah Bless

Top Bottom