• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New GTA V previews

Aside from the multiplayer reveal we should also be getting closer to the time that they start detailing the radio stations. Not necessarily the songs on the stations, but which genres they'll cover.

Tankshell

Did you play GTA IV's MP?

A bit, I'm sure it was very entertaining and all, but that wasn't my point.

My point was, GTA has traditionally been a single player experience, and I dread to think of the amount of time and resources that adding a full multiplayer component has put on R*.

I would rather the single player experience had been given 100% attention and finished to be perfect, than a 25% or their staff and resources put on a multiplayer mode that I will probably not touch for more than half an hour.

Of course this is all subjective.

I'm very picky when it comes to multiplayer. I favour fun over vicious competitiveness, and IV provided fun in droves. And IV as a sandbox was fairly limited, so I can't wait to see the insane things they do in V.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
A bit, I'm sure it was very entertaining and all, but that wasn't my point.

My point was, GTA has traditionally been a single player experience, and I dread to think of the amount of time and resources that adding a full multiplayer component has put on R*.

I would rather the single player experience had been given 100% attention and finished to be perfect, than a 25% or their staff and resources put on a multiplayer mode that I will probably not touch for more than half an hour.

Of course this is all subjective.

GTA: San Andreas had those shitty co-op rampages. GTA is a game that has always begged to have a multiplayer component. If RDR is anything to go by, most of the assets from the SP are used. I don't think R* ever build MP at the detriment of the SP, hence the significant delays.

Squire

Banned
Aside from the multiplayer reveal we should also be getting closer to the time that they start detailing the radio stations. Not necessarily the songs on the stations, but which genres they'll cover.

Yeah, soundtrack details are what I really want.

i hope rockstar releases developer diary videos for GTA5 like they did w/ RDR

Probably too late for that.

So the game is out in September or October?

September 17, world wide.

i hope rockstar releases developer diary videos for GTA5 like they did w/ RDR

I bet they will do this for every one of their games EXCEPT GTA. They want to leave the mystique around the title, I believe Houser stated that in an interview once.

And I don't blame them.

HCYRlEy.jpg

Looks like we're going to be able to lure the cops into other gang territories and get them fighting each other.

omonimo

Banned
I'm confused; why is not available yet a video walkthrough? I read a lot of people have tried the ps3 demo, but why isn't it a single video in the net?

UrbanRats

I'm confused; why is not available yet a video walkthrough? I read a lot of people have tried the ps3 demo, but why isn't it a single video in the net?

A gameplay video is coming, most likely akin to Red Dead Redemption's, LA Noire's and Max Payne 3's.

Which is more than we ever got for a GTA game.

Alienous

I've been thinking about Grand Theft Auto Online. Doesn't it sound like a service? Like something Rockstar support with DLC more than previous games?

If that is the case, and it seems to be the consensus, why wouldn't they have PS4 and XBOne versions? I can't imagine people supporting GTA Online if it is solely on PS3 and Xbox 360; people will be moving to the next generation, and I can't imagine many would keep going back to their PS3's, and buying DLC, for something on the previous consoles.

The more I think about it, the more I think a PS4/Xbox One version, along with a PC version, is likely. Heck, if Rockstar say nothing until release, I'll probably end up with at least 2 copies.

dejay

Banned
I bought
2 versions of IV+DLCs
2 versions of SA
3 versions of VC and
2 versions of III

I may have missed some. Double dipping on GTA is nothing new for me.

Top Bottom