• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Intel Battlemage GPUs Leaked

Draugoth

Gold Member
intel-battlemage-gpus-leaked.jpg
  • Leaked Intel Battlemage GPUs promise new Xe-Cores and improved performance for gamers and productivity tasks. 20 and 24 Xe-Core models.
  • The leaked Battlemage GPUs have a base clock of 1.8GHz, 12GB video memory, and 8 MB of L2 cache, offering potential benefits for PC users.
  • While the benchmarks for the new Battlemage GPUs are slightly below the Alchemist models, retail versions could still offer enhanced gameplay.
Intel Battlemage GPUs were recently leaked, revealing new details about two GPU models that could be officially unveiled by the company in the near future. The company has yet to reveal retail models of the new Battlemage GPUs, but Intel hopes to release the GPUs before the end of the year.

Leaked Specifications for Intel Battlemage GPUs​

• 20 Xe-Core (160 compute units) and 24 Xe-Core (192 compute units) GPU variants
  • 1.8GHz Base clock
  • 12 GB of video memory
  • 8 MB of L2 cache
Performance and speed efficiency results for the 20 Xe-Core and 24 Xe-Core GPUs were listed as well. The new GPUs scored 6030.66 Mpix/s and 7231 Mpix/s respectively, according to SiSoftware Sandra. These particular Battlemage graphics cards appear to be slightly less powerful than Intel's Alchemist GPUs, such as the Intel Arc A750 and A770. For example, the flagship Intel Arc A770 features 32 Xe-Cores and scores a higher performance rating at 11,058 Mpix/s. However, it's worth noting that performance results for retail versions of the Battlemage GPUs will most likely be different from these early samples.

Source

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Hell yeah, let’s go back to naming video cards dumb and cool things like the ATI Rage Fury, Diamond Monster, and the Hercules Terminator 3D. There are a ton of other 90s ‘tude named cards I can’t remember, but those were way more interesting than shit like the 6800 xt or whatever.

RagnarokIV

Currently on a 4070 so it’d probably be the following generation intel for me. They are already better than AMD with ray tracing so it needs classic x70 class price/performance and I’ll switch.

Intel is more interesting GPU wise than AMD. Maybe it will become a proper competitor to Nvidia GPU wise (when they fix they are drivers).

I would consider them but the Rebar thing probably won't be fixed with a newer version and their smallest card was the worst out of them last time too, so the below 70W card market is still ultra dead, with only RTX A2000 or even more expensive Ada2000 being modern options.
Intel's driver improvements were huge and for modern games anyway not always riddled with some pacing issues. Might have been an error to even launch Alchemist, since gamers seem to be stuck on the first reviews, but I expect they will again not really threaten Nvidia but be even closer to AMD. Close in raster performance and having Nvidia like solutions for RT and upscaling for AMD prices.

Intel in the CPU market: Hated
Intel in the GPU market: The last hope for price balancing

Gelsinger is the real deal, and Intel is a strategic advantage for the US silicon industry. They are certainly behind AMD on CPU architecture and it will take a large effort to match them, but in the GPU space that has become stupidly anticompetitive, they have a huge opportunity. Nvidia has CUDA, DLSS, and is the market leader, and all of AMD's offerings have been at best at parity with Nvidia (from a performance, efficiency, cost perspective) with no other real advantages. Intel has a lot of patents and developed their own technologies that do work (especially in the productivity space, compared to gaming - like Quick Sync).

With Nvidia's attention directed toward their AI business and the premiums their GPUs command as it is, it's prime time for disruption in this industry. If Battlemage can impress, this is the perfect time. They probably won't take much marketshare from Nvidia, but they can sure eat into AMD's market.

MiguelItUp

I just want them to get better and better. The GPU market needs more competition. the pricing has gotten out of control.

Last edited:

SoloCamo

Intels biggest issues are their drivers still but they are improving in leaps and bounds. Intel will be a serious player in 2 gens

If they keep the rate up they are going to have better drivers than both AMD and Nvidia, at least for modern titles.

Intel drivers are still an issue for whom?

They still have oddities, especially on older titles and more obscure ones. I had a few small glitches with my A380 I planned to use for it's AV1 encoding but ended up throwing it into the GF's pc.

Last edited:

simpatico

Intel is making progress quickly with those GPUs. The ones are the market now are decent price:perf contenders. XESS on a native Intel card looks really good too.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
They still have oddities, especially on older titles and more obscure ones. I had a few small glitches with my A380 I planned to use for it's AV1 encoding but ended up throwing it into the GF's pc.

The oddity is you tried gaming on an A380.
It a 6GB card weaker than a GTX970.
Pretty sure you could chalk up any issue you had to simply being way under powered.

The A750 and 770 have made such massive gains people talking about driver issues are such outliers might was be the same people talking about ATI drivers being bad.
So few titles actually have any issues it's hardly.....ney unnecessary to even point them out.

SoloCamo

The oddity is you tried gaming on an A380.
It a 6GB card weaker than a GTX970.
Pretty sure you could chalk up any issue you had to simply being way under powered.

The A750 and 770 have made such massive gains people talking about driver issues are such outliers might was be the same people talking about ATI drivers being bad.
So few titles actually have any issues it's hardly.....ney unnecessary to even point them out.

The A380 sits between my old AMD 7970GHZ Edition and 290X. No, it's not fast by today's standard (those were both flagships in their day) so I'm well versed on where it should perform. The oddities I'm talking about is that some older titles just refuse to play nice with it. I didn't buy the card for gaming, but for use in my workstation / server for AV1 video encoding. What made me remove it from there was I needed a gpu for a rig I was building my GF (based on a 12100F) and the high idle power it has. It uses the same power at idle as a RTX3090.... not exactly ideal for a server.

I never said they were bad, and the software bundle I got with it cost more than the card itself which was $120 from newegg and came with Topaz AI / Coral Paintshop pro 2022 / Nightingale game (and another I can't recall) more than paid for it. I've got plenty of ridiculously faster GPU's for gaming.

I'm hoping Intel keeps improving as I'll gladly buy them just as I would an AMD or Nvidia card at the right price / performance. But they are going to have a hard time when it was only 9 days ago that these got fixed...

Intel Arc A-Series Graphics Products:
  • Counter Strike 2 (VK) may experience an application crash while launching game
  • DOTA 2 (VK) may experience an application crash while launching game
Yea, those games aren't exactly obscure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom