• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo DS full translation: Chou Soujuu Mecha MG, a Sandlot's (EDF) game

stranno

64Jp1V4.png

Another interesting Romhacking entry: Chou Soujuu Mecha MG.

VpRABI8.png
ysNME4r.png
u6llKKE.png
suPOA1m.png
SL9FF1g.png

Chou Soujuu Mecha MG is a 2006 mecha action game developed by Sandlot and published by Nintendo.

In a world where giant robots known as Marionation Gear, or “Puppets”, are artisanally handcrafted in workshops, a certain boy serves as an apprentice at the Galouye Workshop, dreaming of becoming a “Puppeteer” (mecha pilot) and opening his own workshop with fellow apprentice Kay. But their peaceful daily life is shattered when the autonomous Puppets known as the Automen begin going on berserk rampages around the world. Together with new apprentice Anne-Marie, the hero and Kay are pulled into a conflict that could change the course of Puppet history…

Developed by Sandlot, the studio behind the Earth Defense Force series, Mecha MG combines the developer’s aptitude for larger-than-life spectacle with a unique and innovative use of the DS touch screen: in addition to standard movement with the D-Pad, each of the game’s 100+ playable mecha has its own unique “cockpit” controlled with the touch screen. Players can pull levers to swing their robot’s arms and hurl buildings at the enemy, flip a switch to transform into a car, punch in launch codes to fire missiles, and countless other imaginative setups.

Kudos to Supper, Phantom and cccmar.

Source

I remember this game. I had no clue what was going on because it was all in Japanese, but the different mechs were pretty interesting. I never got far in the game, but from what I played it was clear it was pretty special. I hope this translation will allow more people to play around with it.

Shifty

Sandlot, you say? My interest is piqued, though I'm surprised their tech could even run on a DS after EDF :goog_rofl:

It looks like some super campy giant robot fun. The theme song from the japanese TV spot reminds me of I AM IMPACT from Mystical Ninja 64:

Last edited:
Top Bottom