• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sony Game IP Leak (SciFi RPG game through XDev)

Akuza89

That looks like a leaked ps2 game..

Although if it is a new game, atleast sony are doing new IP's good to see, if/when this gets announced.

Last edited:

SSfox

Can't call it the Mass Effect killer because Bioware already made that game.
Yup, you can't kill what's already dead
UYPWd9c.jpg

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Can't wait to see what the final product looks like. Anything like Mass Effect that isn't Andromeda is a good thing.

Disappointing to see some of the 'elite' of gaming enthusiasts slating the graphics considering its an alpha build. You'd imagine they would understand some parts of development... obviously not in this case.

Can't wait to see what the final product looks like. Anything like Mass Effect that isn't Andromeda is a good thing.

Disappointing to see some of the 'elite' of gaming enthusiasts slating the graphics considering its an alpha build. You'd imagine they would understand some parts of development... obviously not in this case.

Its also foolish to think sony would ever release a game that isn’t at least on par with the best 3rd party AAA games graphically.

Sony doesn’t release ugly games, its like their entire thing.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
what the fuck is IconEra
As others said, it's where lots of permabanned console warriors went to (mostly Sony fans). So if you're a gamer who wants to fight the fight it's a place you can go to and argue with the whopping 5 Users Online at any given moment. But it's pointless as almost all of them are Sony fans, so there's nobody to argue with. You get free reign to troll Xbox and Nintendo users as some of the founders and mods were permabanned Sony warriors from here.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
As others said, it's where lots of permabanned console warriors went to (mostly Sony fans). So if you're a gamer who wants to fight the fight it's a place you can go to and argue with the whopping 5 Users Online at any given moment. But it's pointless as almost all of them are Sony fans, so there's nobody to argue with. You get free reign to troll Xbox and Nintendo users as some of the founders and mods were permabanned Sony warriors from here.
So like XboxEra?

Really? It’s such a small community from what I see. Contrast that with Xbox Era which is pretty big. Hard to make sense of it.

I’ve never been to XboxEra so I have no idea how big a community it is, whether it was started by mostly permabanned console warriors, or if it’s a place to freely shit on the other platforms like IconEra is.

Comandr

In this thread we find out exactly who doesn’t know anything about game development or how early alpha games look.

Here’s the real problem. How many games have had ALPHA FOOTAGE trailers that look feature complete? The problem is the gaming industry has conditioned people to what they think alpha is supposed to look like.

This. Is not. Pre-Alpha. Footage.

These examples all feature fully realized worlds that are properly lit, rendered, textured, have working scripts and actions, voice acting etc.

This is where stuff starts to get really sneaky. The game might be in “pre alpha” in its development cycle but these trailers are called “vertical slices” like taking a slice of a big cake. You can see all the layers. But that’s only one small portion of the cake. The rest isn’t cooked yet. Publishers do this for investors, for consumers. Essentially to say hey thanks for the money you have or will give us here is the product so far.

Which is why so often alpha and beta footage looks RADICALLY different from the final product. Well why would a game end up looking worse than it’s alpha footage? Because it was all bullshit. That slice was just a small portion and it promised the moon but when the rubber hit the road the target platform often can’t run at that spec.

So this footage? OP’s footage? That’s the real alpha. Like babies, they’re ugly and missing tons of features when they’re in development.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk. Don’t forget to see my assistant on your way out for a signed copy of my book: You Have to Ramble Before You Can Run: A Monologue

Top Bottom