• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Street 2...

Ramirez

I got it for Xbox today...

GT: DaAnswer3

Look me up bitches!

edit:This game rawks,so many more plays than last time and the wall moves pwn me,I was about to tackle McNabb when I was playin some dude online and he runs up the wall and falls into the endzone :lol

Run isn't as overpowered as in the first either...

Ramirez

Reven Players:

Kyle Boller
Peter (I think?) Boulware
K. Gregg (DL)
Todd Heap
Kevin Johnson
Jamal Lewis
Ray Lewis
Chris McAllister
E. Mulitalo
Jonathan Ogden
Ed Reed
Terrell Suggs
T. Taylor

It doesn't give like number stats or anything,just a bar in each category :p

After seeing the TV commercials, at the very least I'll be renting this one when I return to DC. Ramirez, are there online leagues?

Ramirez

Nah,no tournies/leagues :|

The game is a blast when people play it straight which I've had pretty good success with people,but I have played 2 guys who abused Vick and the other abused a corner blitz,but other than that its fun if people play it non cheesy.

Fifty

Can we get some impressions in hurr? I'm still debating it, even though it's a longshot since not many of us have it.

Fifty

I need to know what FMT thinks, because I'm still waiting for a second opinion. I know DM has it, because FMT wanted to play with him yesterday. I need more info before I shell out 70 bucks for a game I'd play mainly online, especially since we don't have enough for a tournament.

yeah i have it. here are my impressions after playing about 10+ games offline/online combined:

positives:

+ still some crazy ass gameplay like street 1
+ lots more plays
+ some nice new animations
+ more field variety
+ online play is very smooth
+ the cheese has been erased a bit

negatives:

- fucking EA! XBOX LIVE AWARE! LOOK THAT SHIT UP! god damn i'm tired of EA's games being online, but not XBL aware
- vick is still cheesy as fuck, as are many of the bigger RB's
- Defense still doesn't have the power that offense has to rule a game
- online play should have allowed mutliple people from different xboxes to play the minigames. fucking ridiculous
- why are the loading times so ricockulous on xbox? this shit should be loading quicker, and all EA's games load slow as fuck. it's like they are lowering the xboxes times to the lowest common denominator (ps2). START OPTIMIZING EA!

overall, i can only condone spending $50 on a few conditions:

1. you play multiplayer a lot with friends at home. this game is likely the most multiplayer fun that can be had in the sports world with 4 friends
2. you plan to play online a lot

if you dont meet BOTH of those conditions (or, erase #2 if you live with 3 buddies) then i can't see spending 50 jgars on this!

Ramirez

Yea,buyin it and never playin online would be crazy :p

And yea Vick runs like he has a constant gamebreaker,but he is beatable,I've done it in only my 2nd game online :D

Top Bottom