• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No more Kingdom Hearts games planned for Switch, but other Tetsuya Nomura games possible

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Through a translator, Tetsuya Nomura confirmed there are currently no specific plans for more Kingdom Hearts games on Switch. Square Enix did consider ports of existing games for Switch in the past but found that it was technologically difficult. However, Nomura added that he believes Nintendo Switch is a very appealing piece of hardware and he had always wanted to do something on this console. Additionally, while he cannot speak for games at Square Enix that he isn’t associated with, Nomura did express that it is possible another game of his could come to Switch.

The tone and phrasing of the translation made it sound like it is quite possible, in fact, but it’s safest never to over-read into a situation. The bottom line is that the likelihood of more Kingdom Hearts on Switch is uncertain, but the likelihood of more Tetsuya Nomura games on Switch might be better than we had thought.

Zephir

Additionally, while he cannot speak for games at Square Enix that he isn’t associated with, Nomura did express that it is possible another game of his could come to Switch.

Well duh, he's talking about The World Ends With You sequel, I doubt he's planning a port of Musashi Samurai Legends, c'mon <_<

Also, after having The Witcher 3 and Metro on the Switch, I doubt KH3 would be really that "technologically difficult"...it's Unreal Engine 4, you can downgrade it a bit without looking hideous

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
You're gonna try to tell me the Switch can't run PS2 games now? I call BS on that one. If they figured out a way to get The Witcher 3 on that thing they can get a game that's nearly two decades old

Return on Investment and Opportunity Cost are decisions for every company. S-E takes forever on most things and they do not have a lot of western studios they work well with to handle these ports that possibly are free to do so. Hence they do not attempt.

SCB3

So why are they releasing this shitty looking KH rhythm game on Switch then?

Honestly, KH on switch makes a lot of sense to me, but after playing all of them in the past year, ready for 3 which still not finish this story, fuck KH at this point, I'm done, the series peaked at 2

Saber

Gold Member
It's not like much of a deal.
These games are not for everyone tastes after all(KH2 is a super terrible cringe fest).

It’s probably gonna be a better game than anything that had the KH name on it in the last decade.

Because....?

Last edited:

Fake

It’s probably gonna be a better game than anything that had the KH name on it in the last decade.
tenor.gif

Wunray

The ps3 version of the compilations makes sense but they can't get the ps4 version to run and 720p 30fps? I think their tune might change based on the sales of MoM, isn't this how things go?

Top Bottom