• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nvidia driver updates still coming for a 7 year old card

sono

Gold Member
While I appreciate updates are free I am still getting practically weekly or every two weeks nvidia driver updates for my 1080ti through the nVidia Geforce applet

This GPU was launched March 2017 so it is now 7 years old.

Are these updates actually benefiting me in any practical way (windows 11, intel 7700K cpu) even after all this time of keeping current

Kenpachii

Oldest supported card is

Geforce GTX TITAN
February 21, 2013

Normal GPU's:

GeForce 700 Series:

GeForce GTX 750 Ti, GeForce GTX 750, GeForce GTX 745
February 18, 2014

Geforce 900 Series:
GPU's like the 970 RTX which released September 2014.

And yea drivers benefit you because a lot of buggy shit in games gets fixed through drivers or optimized on nvidia's side. That's why often games bug you about updating gpu drivers to a x version or newer. That new survival game nightingale or something did exactly this recently.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

This is one of the things that Nvidia has always excelled at. I had a 9800GT for quite a while and the length of time they supported that thing was admirable. Right down to per game updates etc.

Looks like Intel is trying to standout in this area as well.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
How’d you get Windows 11 on a 7700k? My 7700k PC (also with a 1080ti!) says it doesn’t meet the requirements

Top Bottom