• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official DOOM III Xbox LIVE Thread

This one goes out to everyone who has just bought DOOM III for their Xbox!

[My Gamertag: CatalystZero]

Here's some hints for getting used to DM in DOOM III and how to survive:

1) Dark corners and shadows are your best friend, use them to hide in and get the jump on unsuspecting opponents.
2) Unless you have a Rocket Launcher, there is no excuse for you to be running around trying to kill people. Unless you have a powerup as well.
3) When trying to kill someone with the Rocket Launcher, aim for their feet. Do not aim at the person - you will miss.
4) The Chainsaw is loud, but very rewarding. You must be in close quarters to kill someone with it otherwise you are already dead.
5) When respawning into combat and all you have is a pistol, don't even bother using it unless you are fighting another person with a pistol. You will die, quickly.
6) If you run into someone and you don't have a Rocket Launcher, run the hell away or hide in a dark corner. You won't regret it.
7) Grenades are your only hope if you are spotted with only a pistol. Toss and run. Rinse and repeat until you've thrown off your pursuer or they are dead.
8) If you get cornered, your only hope is to take them on with your fists. If you get close enough, one hit from your fists takes their weapon away. Can you say pwned?

These are just a few quick tips to get you guys started. Hopefully we can get the old RSC2 crew together for a couple Team DM's and Tourney matches.

MAF and BuddyC I'm calling you out! :D

Anyone who has DOOM III, list your Gamertag below so we can get together for some matches!

Update: Apparently there is no BFG, Plasma Gun, or Soul Cube in multiplayer. Lame.

Outpost is probably my favorite level to play in, hit all the switches on the windows, turn off the generator, then hold really still in the dark.

No one can see you. You'll literally have people run right next to you. It's even better if you have a Chainsaw. :D

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DopeyFish said:
Camping is lame. Very lame.

Exactly, and it is boring as hell. "oooohhhh, I killed a guy because he couldn't see me so I got a point blank shot at him!!!"

Where is the fun in that?

I played the deathmatch mode the other night, not alot of fun.

Only four people and the levels seem to be too big for 4 people. WAY too fast... really screws up the pace IMO.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I finished co-op with a buddy last night. It was pretty fun going through that with someone else. It sure is streamlined though. You miss pretty much all of the story.

We tried out the deathmatch too. I thought it was pretty fun and that the speed was awesome. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Top Bottom